• Show
Clear All

Thank you Peter & Bill.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Hi Stephen

Good to see you’re back. I also passed through your way on a recent trip to Pembrokeshire, it did seem very busy.
      I looked at a 5D mk4 is a beautiful beast but found it very heavy compared with my 6D.

Best wishes

Bob

Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Hi Bob and thank you.
        The 5D4 is a similar weight although only a fraction lighter than the 7D2 (20g) and yes the 6D/6D2 is much lighter.

I chose the 5D4 for the full-frame and at 30MP would give something similar to the 20MP 7D2 (20 x 1.6 = 32).
        Another reason for choosing the 5D4 was whilst at Chester zoo and using the 7D2 with the 100-400mm lens the 100mm FOV was a fraction long (160mm), so now having the 5D4 reduces the FOV which fits in perfectly. For the longer shots I will add the Canon extender x1.4 mkIII which is on my "to buy" list.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post

Thanks Dave,

I loved the 5D2, changed to the 7D/7D2 but when I looked back my best images were with the 5D2 hence the 5D4.
          I have also bought a carbon gimbal head (arrived today), carbon tripod and a ring flash for macro.
          I just need to get out and take some photos.
          I had the 5D3, and also bought a 7D2, but compared to the 5D3 the high ISO noise performance of the 7D2 was disappointing. So I sold the 5D3, and part exchanged the 7D2 for a new 5D4, and its is a superb piece of kit.
          Dave

Comment

Well I still have not been out with the new camera, lenses or tripod yet.
            I have done a few test shots at home but have to re-educate myself with the latest DPP software as DPP 3 does not recognise the .CR2 raw files taken with the 5D mkIV, so I have to familiarise myself with DPP 4. (See my other post can not read raw images with DPP 3.15).

I will hopefully post some images in the very near future.

Stephen

flickr

Comment

Hi Stephen, hope you are OK and not flooded out having seen the flooding in Hereford on TV. I know Hereford well and have some very good friends living there and on the outskirts. My thoughts are with you all.
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                Hi Stephen, hope you are OK and not flooded out having seen the flooding in Hereford on TV. I know Hereford well and have some very good friends living there and on the outskirts. My thoughts are with you all.
                Thank you Trev.
                Hereford and the county have been hit bad by the floods, I have not seen it so bad.
                I live approx. 1 mile from the river Wye so I am safe (in theory) but a small brook nearby also bursts it's banks and the water came to about 20 yards of my home (quite close) but only a few inches deep in the street.
                The pictures on the news are really bad.

Thank you for your message, I hope your friends are safe.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post

Thank you for your message, I hope your friends are safe.
                  I'm sure they will be, they will manage, they've been in worse situations during their lives
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                  X