Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 What is your local Supermarket like? - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your local Supermarket like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your local Supermarket like?

My local supermarket (Morrisons) is a nightmare at the moment. They have a lot of empty shelves and big crowds of people with full shopping trolleys.

Is yours like this?

Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Yep...just the same!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

In view of the location where I live, we stock up on a big scale at the start of winter, our freezers are still holding well for a month. After that we will see. We are in a position we can make our own bread etc, we are very adaptable - Milk, I'll take a jug a go out and milk a cow, done it before! The virus may get me, but the lockdown won't. Take care stay safe.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Ironically I was in my local Tesco the other day and the Freezer cabinets were empty apart from one containing frozen prawns and the like, not that it was much use as two ladies had parked themselves in front of this one cabinet to stand and have a chat. Cheered me up no end.

Comment

Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda & Morrisons are all the same, empty shelves.
          People are being greedy and selfish with stockpiling dry goods including toilet rolls, pasta, flour, tinned goods etc..
          It's insane but we'll get through it.

Stay safe everyone.
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Its the same over here in Kenya, people with 3-4 trolleys, shelves empty. I live in a rural part of the country the open air market must go on as this is their livelihood. good to note we are wearing masks or bandanas and gloves. keep safe all.

Comment

in the states its all hit or miss but no toilet paper and chicken cannot be had ant any price or so it seems

joe
              ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s
              1.4 tele mk3 now the 85 1.8 ef lens 16-35 4 is l 50 1.4 canon

Comment

Some items are slowly starting to appear again in my local large Tescos,presumably because the supply chain is beginning to catch up,and people have stopped hoarding.

I think all this shows just how fragile the Just In Time supply system is though.Most of the time it works fine,but then you get a crisis like the current one,where people start over-buying everyday items.

All of this snowballs into suppliers being unable to meet the demand,the supermarket regional distribution centres(RDCs)can't get the stock to fulfill orders from the stores,resulting in empty shelves.

On a more positive note,the security guys are doing a brilliant job at getting the queues from outside the store inside in a short space of time,so no-one has to wait very long.I worked as a security officer for many years,and can appreciate efficient ways of working when I see them,so all credit to them.And yes,I've let them know what a great job they're doing.
                Last edited by Guest; 31-03-2020, 00:23.

Comment

Here in S.W.France there has not been any sort of panic buying, in fact they seem much quieter than usual, although we only go when necessary.

Dave
                  Dave , France 79

Comment

Not had a problem, no queues, nothing and stocked, local store next door provides most things, Coops are stocked ok.

I have been using the M and S store at my nearby off M1 services, being motorway oriented and with no travel, they are not only fully stocked, but have been reducing prices as shelf life comes around, I buy some of their ready meals etc that can be frozen and cooked from frozen, so its freeze on the day, then into the oven when wanted.

The supermarket regional distribution centre for M and S is here too that probably helps.
                    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                    X