Dream Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Location

Where would be your ultimate location in the world to go with your camera. Only taking one lens, and what would that lens be, and why.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

A very difficult choice between Africa and India but India would win as, ultimately, people are more interesting than animals and the colours are truly amazing.
    A 24-105 lens would suffice as it enables one to get sufficiently close without being excessively intrusive.
    And your choice, Trev?

Comment

I would also go with the 24-105 but take it to Iceland or Norway.

John

Comment

Having not used a 24-105 I would just go with what I have got, so use my nifty fifty right here where I live, as I love it.

Comment

My dream location would be the summit of Mount Everest!

I would take a 50 mm lens as it would be OK for the views and for the weight of it being light.
          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Florence.....50mm f1.2L.....for endless architecture, sculpture and street photography
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

so hard to decide on the lens. but back to japan the home of my ancestors. I love my long lenses but over all the 16-35 f4 l will be one lens ill take as the landscapes of coastal japan Is awesome as well as the street opportunity's.
              ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s
              1.4 tele mk3 now the 85 1.8 ef lens 16-35 4 is l 50 1.4 canon

Comment

Grand Canyon -- Camera EOS M6 MK2 w/Tamron 18-400mm. Good for landscape, street photography and length if needed. I've taken this Lens and camera with me on our last two cruises.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by JayTee View Post
                  A very difficult choice between Africa and India but India would win as, ultimately, people are more interesting than animals and the colours are truly amazing.
                  A 24-105 lens would suffice as it enables one to get sufficiently close without being excessively intrusive.
                  And your choice, Trev?
                  JayTee. In the early 1970's I was very fortunate and privileged to be selected to take part in a twelve day return trek to Mount Everest Base Camp. It's been my dream to return to Napal - Kathmandu and the area of our trek. Sadly now that dream will never be fulfilled, I could well do the trek but the acclimatisation would be a problem.
                  If I could undertake it, my camera would my 5D MkIV and 24-105mm IS II. For landscape and the fantastic people of the region.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That sounds like a wonderful experience , you're very lucky.
                    Why don't we meet, half way each, for a beer, say Calcutta??
                    Ditto on camera and lens

Comment

Working...
                    X