Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Help, please - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, please

I have just had a fit of bravery and tried to post a picture
    I was informed that it exceeded the acceptable size, how do I reduce it??

How are you trying to post? Flickr or direct?

Actually thinking it sounds like direct post the file size needs to be reduced. Save at higher compression.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

My pictures are all on Apple photos. I exported the image to photos on my computer and then tried Upload Attachments. A message came up and said it was oversized

Comment

If it helps you,after I've processed my RAW images in Lightroom,I then export them into a folder I've created for them.

Then I open them in a free program called Irfanview.In that program you have got the option to resize/resample them.For export to Flickr I resize them to 1024x768. That size is also acceptable for uploading to Facebook.

Comment

Hi Jay Tee,
          Here is a link to help with uploading from Flickr, hope this helps.

https://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/f...s-using-flickr

7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

In using Apple Photos, when you go to export the file Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 15.02.52.png you will see this window. There is a down arrow in gray at the end of the photo box. Click on that.

You should see this in the next dialog box:
            Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 15.53.55.png

On the line that says size, change that to Custom:
            Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 15.56.20.png

Now where is says max: You will either select "Width" for landscape or "Height" for Portrait.
            for of: select 800 px

The click on the export button. The should put you at the correct size for posting.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
              If it helps you,after I've processed my RAW images in Lightroom,I then export them into a folder I've created for them.

Then I open them in a free program called Irfanview.In that program you have got the option to resize/resample them.For export to Flickr I resize them to 1024x768. That size is also acceptable for uploading to Facebook.
              When exporting from Lightroom, you can resize the Photos at the same time as exporting, In the export dialog box, after file location, file naming, Video, File settings, there is the option for image size, you can use percentage or width and height, or others, but maybe you have other things you do in irfanview?

Comment

I'm so used now to doing it that way using Irfanview. I don't resize many anyway,just the occasional few for either Flickr or Facebook.Usually I just export everything at full size to a self-created folder,and then pick the few that I want.It's all part of the workflow sequence I'm familiar with after many years.

Also in Irfanview it's just selecting the required size by selecting from their standard choices,rather than using the custom sizes option.
                Last edited by Guest; 24-04-2020, 22:14.

Comment

Thank you all very much
                  I shall now have a day of severe brain strain and, hopefully, return with a picture

Comment

After much frustration, interspersed with much mowing, I think I have finally got there, mostly through Tom's kindergarten pictures!
                    Thank you Tom

Comment

Hi Bill. Thank you for the link
                      I have uploaded a picture direct from Apple photos but I am told it is rather "soft" so am now trying to upload from Flickr
                      I have got as far as getting an image on to Flickr but have got stuck at stage 8) on the link. I do not see the actions tab at the top LHS, only 4 symbols on the RHS with a share arrow which takes me to a box with a code which is not an HTML/BBCod .
                      Can you throw any light??

Comment

There are options at the top of that box - click the BBCode one

Flick BBCode.JPG
                        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thank you John
                          The box I get only has two options, Share and email
                          I have taken a screen shot to add to this but again the message says it is too large!!
                          I think I'll stick to gardening!!

Comment

When you uploaded your image, did you set it to be "Visible to everyone" under "Owner settings" - if an image is in some way limited in terms of access, that may affect the sharing options (I am not speaking from knowledge here, merely guessing)
                            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

The image is Visible to Everyone
                              As I am unable to get the screen shot on here I have resorted to taking a pic of it - does this help?

4P9A2877.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                              X