No announcement yet.

Help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if there is a clue in the message below the box in the centre - it refers to "The private photo..."

If you go to your Camera Roll (rather than the Photostream) and click on the photo to select it, a ribbon bar should appear at the bottom of the screen with various options.

Camera Roll.JPG

If you select "Privacy", what setting does it show for the image?

Privacy.JPG
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thank you again but I do not get anything like the pages you have posted. I think I must have made an error in signing up to Flickr, unsurprisingly!!
      Attached is an image of my opening Flickr page with one pic in Photostream. If you see anything obvious let me know otherwise I feel I should abandon the project before I overtax your patience and kindness.
      I warned in my intro when starting on the Forum that I can be a terrible nuisance, I am afraid I am really too old for this technology Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 14.02.44.jpeg

Comment

Jeremy - none of us too old for this technology, but we sometimes need more guidance than our younger counterparts!

If you hover your cursor over the "You" tab on your Flickr home screen, you should get a drop-down window as below.

Screenshot (16).jpg

Select "Camera Roll" and you should see something like the image I posted previously and then be able to select the photo and check the privacy setting.
        John Liddle

Comment

Hi John, I haven't disappeared, just went for a long walk in the rain, more enjoyable than battling with a computer!
          I am sorely embarrassed to say that when I clicked on Camera Roll all that happened was my Flickr page blinked and remained the same. I am sure I must have done something wrong at the onset. However I have had an Idea which should give us both some peace.
          I have had some 1-2-1 sessions with Brian Worsley so I will shoot the problem to him and I will let you know the result
          Thank for trying to assist the original numpty, it is much appreciated

Comment

JayTee Thanks for the mention - you have email
            I'm a user of all kinds of Canon equipment. I write articles for magazines, teach photographers & make photos
            www.p4pictures.com

Comment

Problem solved by Brian, I was one click away from correctly opening my Flickr page!
              John, when I finally arrived in the right place your advise all proved to be correct. Thank you very much for your patience, as a numpty newby it is very nice to be looked after

Comment

Jeremy - I am delighted that all is now well, and look forward to seeing some of your work.
                John Liddle

Comment

I'm most likely talking out the back of me head - more than likely I am. But have you logged into flickr, I had something like this happen to me a few years back, and it was all to do with logging in.
                  I'm not an expert with computers, I treat mine like the tractor, when I push the button it should fire up - if it don't then 'I know a man that dose'.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

It would appear that you are sorted, I never read your reply on page 2 saying you were sorted - so forget the rubbish I've just written - welcome aboard
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                    X