Benro GH5C Gimbal head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benro GH5C Gimbal head

I'm considering getting one of these - has anyone got one/ had one / heard any good or bad comments about them?

There are lots of potential suppliers, but this is a link to one of them.

John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

They do seem to be the go to Gimbal if you got the readies , I never heard nothing bad about them . I am going to seriously consider one of these though ;

A strong gimbal head, capable of holding most of the current super telephoto lenses available, made in the UK

They not selling at the moment due to lock down , but you may want to consider and wait . Obviously I can not comment on them but have only heard and read good things .

Comment

I have the GH 2 super piece of kit really well made, I do not use it very often so did not bother with the extra cost of carbon

Alan

Comment

I had the LensMaster Gimbal RH-2

I can totally recommend it as it is user friendly servicing wise, comes with plates etc to mount your lens camera on, I replaced mine with a RRS item, but I sold it to Tigerburnie on here that uses it all the time, I would recommend you ask his opinion of it, its a good price, made in the UK and the guy is a one man band with a well deserved following.

as for weight, nothing in it 1.1KG verses 1.19KG

A strong Lightweight Twin Arm gimbal head, capable of holding most of the current super telephoto lenses available, made in the UK
        Last edited by TonyT; 19-05-2020, 10:08.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Another option and quite a few companies do them, have you considered one of these

Elevate your monopod by increasing stability with our specialized heads. Capture dynamic shots with ease. Explore our monopod heads now!

mounted onto one of these, again lots do them

https://www.the-digital-picture.com/...ing-Clamp.aspx

you then have tilt and rotation, I use that or a similar set up on my monopod witha 500mm on it, advantage over a ballhead is it does not tip sideways.
          Last edited by TonyT; 19-05-2020, 10:04.
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

John, I know someone that's got one, he swears by it,
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

They not selling the lensmasters at the moment due to lock down , but hopefully they will be running again soon . Off to look at Tony Ts links .

Comment

This is the set up I have on my monopod for my 500MM, this chap uses it on his tripod.

Comment

As Tony said, I use the Lensmaster almost every day, well I did until lockdown, thoroughly recommend it. As with any gimbal there are certain times when you have to take the camera off it, fast flying birds like Red Kites at a feeding station, meant I left the gimbal and tripod in the car. I bought mine because I have a Sigma 500mm lens with no image stabilisation and that gimbal has solved any problems, when shooting fast subjects without the gimbal, I just wind up the shutter speed, which for most shots at fast moving subjects is required anyway. You'll need to cancel your gym membership if you are carrying a big lens, DSLR and a tripod as you won't need it, my set up weighs in at around 12 kgs.
                  Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Thanks for the input chaps - plenty of food for thought - I too had considered the Lensmaster, but with birthday looming in July, I decided to cast the new wider.

I am tempted by the sort of arrangement Tony T described, but I would baulk at the RRS prices I think.

I may try a cheaper alternative copy of the RRS set up - if it works, all well and good, if it doesn't, not too much lost.
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
                    X