35mm negatives and slides to CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35mm negatives and slides to CDs

I want to look at some old negatives and slides with a view to having them converted to CDs.
    I would very much appreciate some advise as what I should buy to see them clearly before I send off a load of rubbish. The necessary apparatus does not have to be professional level bearing in mind the quality of the originals could leave a little to be desired!

I have an Epson V600 Scanner that allows my to scan both Negatives and Slides: Here is and example of a negative that I developed today, then scan using the V600:

Pentex20200801361136912_DxO by tesarver, on Flickr

Tom

Comment

Thank you Tom, I shall do some research.

Comment

I have just partially gone through the same exercise. For the 35mm slides I bought a slide copier attachment for my DSLR and copied the 35mm slides onto digital and was very impressed with the results.

Most of my archive shots are medium format and I have recently bought a Canon 9000F MKII scanner to deal with those. I haven't tried it so far as I am involved in a project, but the first rainy weekend and I will get to grips with the scanner.

Here are a couple from the slide copier, bought from an auction site for just 20 odd pounds.

IMG_1915a by colin cross, on Flickr

IMG_1926a by colin cross, on Flickr
        Colin

Comment

I've just started to transfer my negatives and slides to digital, using a Kodak Sacnza, very easy to use, saves to an SD card. It is bringing back memories. Here are a couple I've done so far.

IMG00971 by Stackman1, on Flickr

Canterbury Cathedral by Stackman1, on Flickr

I have not done any post processing, these are straight from the scanner.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X