I-pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-pad

Before I get the hammer out, can anyone tell me why I can't 'log in' to the Forum on my I-pad. It was quite OK before the Forum went down, but not OK now.
    I got the Forum on it and working but I cant log in to say leave a comment. When I click on the 'Log in' nothing happens, just a white box message saying 'Logging in' and there it stays. If I click the return arrow - far left of screen, I get the message up that we got when the Forum was down. There's no problem with it on my desk top or laptop.
    Perhaps I need David (Daisy M) to look at it
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Did you change your password on the iPad when the forum first came back on line. I suspect that if you didn’t (you changed your forum password on another of your devices) if so you need to go into “settings” on the iPad, then “passwords and accounts” then websites and Apps”. Once in there look for the entry for the forum and delete it.
    Then search for the forum using the Safari browser. Login using your username and the new password you chose when the forum came back on air. If that doesn’t work I doubt a hammer will help
    I remember years ago reading an article in the Readers Digest (yes I’m that old), in it a company manager was complaining to their maintenance contractor about a charge (£100’s) they had raised for a call out to a piece of machinery. He was disputing the amount charged as the individual who attended the fault just hit the machine with a hammer! The contractors manager responded that the charge wasn’t for the technician using the hammer to fix the fault, most of the charge was for the technician knowing where to hit the machine with the hammer
    let’s know how you get on with my suggested fix for forum access. Good luck Trev.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Trev I agree with all the solutions mentioned by Peter, especially as my delicate fingers have now restored my new desktop to its original memory card & consider myself an expert in all things computers ( not)
      The truth being my doctor in computer science son in NY watched & instructed every move via FaceTime.

Comment

Thanks Peter, David.

Peter that's what I thought, the problem is I can delete the EOS icon from the desktop, but that don't delete it from the i-pad itself in order that I can start afresh.
        Nor can I find Password & Account on the I-pad menu anywhere in order to delete it, I thought it should have come under 'General'

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        Did you change your password on the iPad when the forum first came back on line. I suspect that if you didn’t (you changed your forum password on another of your devices) if so you need to go into “settings” on the iPad, then “passwords and accounts” then websites and Apps”. Once in there look for the entry for the forum and delete it.
        Then search for the forum using the Safari browser. Login using your username and the new password you chose when the forum came back on air. If that doesn’t work I doubt a hammer will help
        I remember years ago reading an article in the Readers Digest (yes I’m that old), in it a company manager was complaining to their maintenance contractor about a charge (£100’s) they had raised for a call out to a piece of machinery. He was disputing the amount charged as the individual who attended the fault just hit the machine with a hammer! The contractors manager responded that the charge wasn’t for the technician using the hammer to fix the fault, most of the charge was for the technician knowing where to hit the machine with the hammer
        let’s know how you get on with my suggested fix for forum access. Good luck Trev.
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
          Thanks Peter, David.

Peter that's what I thought, the problem is I can delete the EOS icon from the desktop, but that don't delete it from the i-pad itself in order that I can start afresh.
          Nor can I find Password & Account on the I-pad menu anywhere in order to delete it, I thought it should have come under 'General'

Trev

Open Settings so that your name and Apple details are at the top. Scroll down the page beyond general and you should see Passwords and accounts. As shown on this screen grab from my phone. Then you should be able to do as I described above.

Image-1.jpg
          Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Trev

Open Settings so that your name and Apple details are at the top. Scroll down the page beyond general and you should see Passwords and accounts. As shown on this screen grab from my phone. Then you should be able to do as I described above.

Image-1.jpg
            Thanks Peter,
            The additional problem is, the thing is ancient like me, I bought it in 2012, nowt wrong with it other than the current problem. I do not have a 'Settings' menu like you show, mine starts with 'Airplan Mood, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data and so on. just had a brilliant but not surprising suggestion from the wife to solve the problem - "Let the battery go flat then perhaps it will go away"
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Trev, the menu that you describe is similar to mine the image I posted was grabbed after I had scrolled down past WiFi mobile data etc.
              Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Trev, the menu that you describe is similar to mine the image I posted was grabbed after I had scrolled down past WiFi mobile data etc.
                Thanks Peter, mine is nothing like you show in yours. I been through the complete menu and sub-menus, the words Password or Account is no where to be found. In fact not even EOS Forum is shown anywhere other than the icon on the desktop.
                I will get someone to have a look at it when I next go into town.
                Once again many thanks
                Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Trev , just had look on my 2012 I pad and in settings I scrolled down to Safari which is the browser I use clicked on it and in general for Safari there is a Passwords section don't know if this will help

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_H View Post
                    Trev , just had look on my 2012 I pad and in settings I scrolled down to Safari which is the browser I use clicked on it and in general for Safari there is a Passwords section don't know if this will help

Alan
                    Thanks Alan, Yes but that is for the Apple Password --- I Think ???????? might be wrong
                    Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Have you got any updates pending On your iPad ...to bring it up to the latest IOS....then your menus should be the same as above I think.
                      Could you delete safari as an App and then reload it from the AppStore....I think yours may be corrupt....mine just allowed me to change my password when I tried to login.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
                        Have you got any updates pending On your iPad ...to bring it up to the latest IOS....then your menus should be the same as above I think.
                        Could you delete safari as an App and then reload it from the AppStore....I think yours may be corrupt....mine just allowed me to change my password when I tried to login.
                        Not that I know, I've given up on it, even if I go into Google and enter 'EOS Forum', it just open up the Forum as is this page fully up to date, other than I can't log in to post anything
                        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

.....it’s frustrating...a complete reset as a new IPad might work....
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Time to bring out the hammer me thinks, just tell the wife you need an early Christmas present, after all it’s only just over 100 days away.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                              Time to bring out the hammer me thinks, just tell the wife you need an early Christmas present, after all it’s only just over 100 days away.
                              And there was me thinking I'll send it up to David, he'll sort it
                              Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                              X