Fault messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fault messages

Anyone else getting fault messages, both when posting and replying to others, "syntax fault" message.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

I think there is a bug introduced with the latest update, unfortunately as yet the cause of the errors has not been tracked down.

Comment

I got on yesterday, when replying to a photo but the message went through.

Comment

Yes me too. Some post are not being shown although they appear in the channel
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I think I've found the issue, there are the very occasional out of allocated memory errors when accessing some of the new code introduced in the latest update, which was causing a fatal PHP error. As the server has plenty of physical memory i've increased the allocated amount permitted by the forum site, so hopefully once the new value has taken effect the posting errors should stop.

It looks like the new coding uses more memory than the old code, so is not really a bug

I will re-index the forums at some point in the next day or so once the memory values have updated which should fix the "missing" posts.

Comment

The forum is now showing the increased memory allocation is now active, so hopefully the posting errors should be gone.

Comment

Thanks Martin, all Double Dutch to me but I'm sure you are right
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
              X