Christmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Present

Am I the first one to have bought a Christmas present yet?
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

I hope you mean NOT bought a C word present yet. Never ever get anything until December & never wrap the wife’s until the eve of that day.

Comment

Did you buy it for yourself Colin
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        Did you buy it for yourself Colin
        I wish!
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

If there's one thing I hate its Christmas shopping, I usually leave it until the last few days. Then I'm told by 'SOMEONE' all that's left is what nobody else wants.
          I have however started to prepare on the cooking front. I always make the Christmas Cake and Mincemeat for the Mince Pies.
          I've done the Mincemeat, which I will use next year, what I made last year will be used this year - I like to let it mature!
          I've got the ingredients for the cake so that will be put in hand within the next few days. I'll make few dozen Mince Pies the week before Christmas.
          I saw the Turkey last weekend down the farm strutting around the yard with not a care in the world. I thought to myself if only you knew!
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Trev is so well organised on the most important thing, food. I guess the mincemeat is preserved with plenty of booze, so if he needs somebody to test that is okay I can send him my home address .

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
              Trev is so well organised on the most important thing, food. I guess the mincemeat is preserved with plenty of booze, so if he needs somebody to test that is okay I can send him my home address .
              David how kind of you to offer to test the Mincemeat, I will certainly keep it in mind should I need constructive appraisal. It is indeed preserved with plenty of booze, and according the wife this is where I made an error. I could have swore the recipe said 3/4 cup of Brandy, the wife tells me it read 100ml. - I must go to Specsavers.
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post

.....I could have swore the recipe said 3/4 cup of Brandy, the wife tells me it read 100ml. - I must go to Specsavers.
                As long as you don't drive to Specsavers after eating a few mince pies!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

" I will certainly keep it in mind should I need constructive appraisal."

Constructive it would be Trev, Qualified City & Guilds baker in my distant past & well over weight to prove I know a thing or two about food.

Comment

I've been banned from buying Christmas presents ever since I bought the enemy a cordless lady shaver. Youd think I'd said she was a hairy ape!
                    I should have bought her a hoover.
                    It's money in a card now.

Comment

Working...
                    X