Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution

My New Year resolution is to take at least one photograph every day, anyone want to join me?

Good luck. I think daily is a bit too often for me.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

I already do, been doing it for a few years now. Got a camera set up focused on one of the ponds and surrounding garden, it takes a shot at 12 noon each day from the small landing window. All done by time switch, relay and an old TC-80N3 that I took apart and played around with. The reason being to have a photo record of the weather. Camera is never adjusted same sitting whatever the conditions - rain, mist, snow, sun. overcast.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That sounds a great project Trev, do you get any failures? I want to try & get 365 different shots & put them on my blog at the end of the year.

Comment

I tried doing it a few years ago.

After about 10 days I found it hard to do so I gave it up.

Good luck!
          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

How are you getting on Dave?
            I've thought about this every new year but I’ve not made the commitment....either end up struggling for a subject and taking photos of my shoe laces or can’t choose from a hundred taken when out and about.
            I’d follow your blog if I knew where to find it...
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
              That sounds a great project Trev, do you get any failures? I want to try & get 365 different shots & put them on my blog at the end of the year.
              Sometimes, mainly due to window misting up or rain drops if blowing that way. I've always thought about going out and taking a shot at different locations, but never got round to it.
              Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
                How are you getting on Dave?
                I've thought about this every new year but I’ve not made the commitment....either end up struggling for a subject and taking photos of my shoe laces or can’t choose from a hundred taken when out and about.
                I’d follow your blog if I knew where to find it...
                Brian,Have decided to put the shots on monthly instead of at the end of the year. My blog address is in my profile on Flickr but it is www.cairngormslife.com. So far it is easy as I am only 10 days in, I will let you know after 100.

Comment

Did that a few years ago. Was successful, I used the EOS M w/the 28mm EF-M lens. Takes real commitment and it does stretch your creativity. Good Luck.

Tom

Comment

Your blog is a nice read....better to have quality content on a blog than a daily shot for the sake of it.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian , don't think I would be allowed time off from SWMBO to do it daily.

Comment

A few friends have joined Blipfoto and post a photo everyday. Other members can comment on them.
                        Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
                        http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks Jan, I am still going 117 days in, not done a repeat subject yet, still enjoying it.

Comment

Excellent news.
                            Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
                            http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Same here, but all mine are the same shot. Taken at mid day of the pond and garden - but quite interesting when you put them together at the end of the year to see the changing seasons and weather.
                              Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                              X