Thunder and lightening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder and lightening

Currently looking out at a storm over head, thinking I have no idea how you would get a photograph, might know it would throw it down when I have just booked a days Salmon fishing near Pitlochry on Monday, no doubt the river will be up, just hope I can get a cast, might take the camera bag too just in case it's a washout.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

I bought a little unit made by MIOPS that senses the lightning but If you think about it you can buy trigger that senses the flash from a camera.
    So why not try one of those sat on your camera and use it to trigger the shutter rather than a second flash.

Comment

Originally posted by DEG5Y View Post
      I bought a little unit made by MIOPS that senses the lightning but If you think about it you can buy trigger that senses the flash from a camera.
      So why not try one of those sat on your camera and use it to trigger the shutter rather than a second flash.
      I got one of those but can't remember the last time I used it. The only problem was having the camera looking where the action was. I initially bought it for photographing explosions, but it was not quite up to that game. I must find it and have a play.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Where you fishing Tiger? Not had any rain today Tummel was in spate but gone down, should have sent a few fish up our way, should be just about right tomorrow . Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
          Where you fishing Tiger? Not had any rain today Tummel was in spate but gone down, should have sent a few fish up our way, should be just about right tomorrow . Dave
          I was on the upper Kinnaird beat David, fished the meetings pool in the morning on the bottom of the Tummel, then had the rock pool in the afternoon along with the meetings from the Tay end, never had a pull, but then neither did the 4 rods on the lower beat. On the plus side I saw loads of Jays, sadly I had a fishing rod not a camera with me. When I take a camera near water there are fish everywhere, I need Canon to make a fishing rod with a built in 500mm lens and camera lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post

On the plus side I saw loads of Jays, sadly I had a fishing rod not a camera with me. When I take a camera near water there are fish everywhere, I need Canon to make a fishing rod with a built in 500mm lens and camera lol.
            Amazing how many times this type of thing happens. When I go walking if I don't take binos there are birds everywhere, take binos and don't see much!
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post

Amazing how many times this type of thing happens. When I go walking if I don't take binos there are birds everywhere, take binos and don't see much!
              Commonly known as Sods Law
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Surprised you didn’t see any Beavers, that part of the river system has loads of families, unlucky not to catch, when I went down the A9 to Perth the level looked spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                  Surprised you didn’t see any Beavers, that part of the river system has loads of families, unlucky not to catch, when I went down the A9 to Perth the level looked spot on.
                  No signs of beavers, the river was at zero on the board, it could do with a foot of water to fish well.

Comment

Working...
                  X