Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tale of pic you didn't get

Thought you might find this amusing.

I was in the kitchen this afternoon and heard the sound of an approaching aircraft. Nothing unusual there and normally ignored. This one got louder and louder until it was a deafening crescendo, shot outside to see what the dickens the noise was and saw a silver aircraft flying very low, I thought at few hundred feet, disappearing eastward and soon lost to sight; it had twin engines and a twin tail.

This raised my suspicions that it was an older aircraft. I went onto the internet and called up the NATS website as that displays a significant amount of the air traffic and gives the registration number and identity of most aircraft. Found that what I had seen was a B25J Michell, registration N6123C, it had taken off from Goodwood airfield and had obviously been at the Goodwood Revival Meeting this weekend and was clearly on its way back home. If I had only known It would have been a superb opportunity to get a pic! Camera was handy and it flew right over the house! Grrrr.....!

Followed its progress on NATS and it followed the coast line at 400 to 600 feet right along to Hastings then headed out over the channel . Looked the aircraft up on the internet and there are pics of it and it is based apparently in Salzburg

Interesting but you didn't get a pic!

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Know exactly how you feel, normally with me I hear the aircraft coming and grab the camera, rush out and the Hercules or Spitfire is level with the house, raise the camera, only to find I have the wrong lens on .
    Annoying for you Ian, you will just have to go to Salzburg to see it.

Comment

Working...
    X