POSSIBLE WIRRAL WILDLIFE MEET UP .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POSSIBLE WIRRAL WILDLIFE MEET UP .

Jeff, it might be better to give the post code & some sort of address as well to the members who are coming,so that they don't get "lost"!! Just a thought.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Within the last couple of days I have met up with somebody who lives in my village, Gt Harwood. He is a very, very good photographer,(hopefully I am going to get better with his help) so I mentioned this site to him and our Wirral meet. Will it be ok if I bring him along on the 12th, He really knows his stuff. I have learnt a load from him already just in a couple of meets we have had. Cheers.

ps He loves his wildlife.
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I can't see a problem with that Wayne ,nat when I decide on a best place I will give definite precise instructions .its still a fortnight away which is why I am being hesitant ,it's not like a building which is a fixed location ,I can also have a better update of the weather nearer the date I.e if its raining burton mere would be better with its hides ,if it's dry the sea shore might be better

Comment

Okey dokey Jeff.
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

o.k its getting nearer the date and time for a update ,i have checked the weather for tuesday on xc weather for hoylake and it looks good at the moment ,depending on the storm system due at the weekend .
            so at the is moment the meet is still on

meeting place is the corner of "the kings gap" hoylake postcode CH47-2BB

high tide is at 12pm with a height of 9.8mtrs or 32.2 feet which if the wind is from the west or north west should bring it up to the sea wall and should bring some waders at least within reach of our lenses .in the event of nothing being around i have several alternative spots within a small radius ,including a very busy little hide in a local country park .which i have checked out today with its resident bullfinches still being present .

to allow time to set up and the inevitable chatter etc i would suggest a E.T.A OF AROUND 10.30A.M . my car is a 04 citroen picasso ,in light blue .

i would suggest bringing the longest lenses you have available plus a tripod if you have one in case its a long wait .also wet weather gear might be worth putting in your car .

if anyone requires my mobile number please request via p.m .at the moment there are around 4 forum members showing interest ,plus a friend of mine ,one of waynes ,plus my wife..

Comment

Thanks for the update Jeff. One request please and I know that you have got eyes all round your head, and I am very slow in catching up with what you have seen and already photographed- Do bear in mind a slow coach like ME!!!!! I am sure it will be a good "meet" and it would be nice meeting other forum members from a bit further away. I am already excited & charging my batteries and ensuring that I have enough memory cards.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

no problem nat jan is even better than me at spotting things and is also well versed in what to look for ,she has eyes and ears like the proverbial xxxxhouse rat ,one or the other of us will point things out to you .though hopefully stuff will be plentifull .i might even wear my hearing aids for a change so no shouting LOL

btw you sometimes if conditions are right get birds of prey perched on the houses behind waiting for a easy meal depends on tides and amounts.

WORD OF WARNING ,some of the locals get very naughty about people going on the beach disturbing the birds take care .
                Last edited by the black fox; 07-08-2014, 19:40.

Comment

Working...
                X