Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wirral meet up tues 12th aug directions .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wirral meet up tues 12th aug directions .

o.k its getting nearer the date and time for a update ,i have checked the weather for tuesday on xc weather for hoylake and it looks good at the moment ,depending on the storm system due at the weekend .
    so at the is moment the meet is still on

meeting place is the corner of "the kings gap" hoylake postcode CH47-2BB

high tide is at 12pm with a height of 9.8mtrs or 32.2 feet which if the wind is from the west or north west should bring it up to the sea wall and should bring some waders at least within reach of our lenses .in the event of nothing being around i have several alternative spots within a small radius ,including a very busy little hide in a local country park .which i have checked out today with its resident bullfinches still being present .

to allow time to set up and the inevitable chatter etc i would suggest a E.T.A OF AROUND 10.30A.M . my car is a 04 citroen picasso ,in light blue .

i would suggest bringing the longest lenses you have available plus a tripod if you have one in case its a long wait .also wet weather gear might be worth putting in your car .

if anyone requires my mobile number please request via p.m .at the moment there are around 4 forum members showing interest ,plus a friend of mine ,one of waynes ,plus my wife..

****PLEASE DO NOT ADD TO THIS THREAD I HAVE POSTED IT SEPERATELY TO STOP IT GETTING SMOTHERED by replies****

Re: wirral meet up tues 12th aug directions .

just a quick update ,the weather doesn't look to good for tues now ,so if anyone wants to cry off don't worry ,and i'll reschedule for next month .let me know if possible to save a wasted journey for anybody .i'll probably pop over whatever the outcome as it could be spectacular even sat in the car watching

Comment

Jeff, I will be there as arranged, weather permitting- i.e if it is raining I will not come. However, I will check the weather forecast as this is always liable to change. I am sure other members also will do the same before travelling down. I have found that a somewhat overcast sky is better for photography as there is no glare,bright spots etc.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

i will be going whatever the weather nat as even if it rains you can use the cars as portable hides ,the road is within a few feet /pavement width of the beach .
        i have also just checked on a local birding forum and at high tide this morning at 10.27a.m hoylake shore ,the venue in question was covered by in excess of 10,000 wading birds .things are looking up ..i have just come back in from a trip down to flint castle got there a hour after high tide and there was a fair bit of activity down there going to look through my pics now .

heres a couple of shots from previous visits to wet your appetite
        which comedian shouted peregrine (1) by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

liquid silver by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr
        Last edited by the black fox; 10-08-2014, 13:36.

Comment

Jeff, this is to confirm that I WILL be coming on Tues 12th. I will also bring my rain cover for my camera and lens, just in case plus my binocs! I am sure the visit will be very worthwhile for me bearing in mind you experience etc.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

just been in contact with the publisher of a daily news feed /blog on the dee estuary area and he will more than likely be at the site tomorrow as well ,if i can make contact he will be invaluable in spotting and identifying the birds .just got to have a word with the man upstairs about the weather now .nat this is your department put a good word in for us please

Comment

Have fun, I will miss it. I will try and join next time. Unfortunately my travel plan has to be postponed due to an emergency work at home with electric short circuit. Clearing out stuff to remove flooring board upstairs to find the fault.
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

Me and my friend Nick are still coming. At the time in question we may be a little bit late, as that time in the morning all roads are murder to travel by car especialy the M6 ... will pm you my phone numbers now Jeff.
                [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I have spoken to the one "upstairs" and it should be OK for tomorrow- bit cold and so a good jumper,overcoat cap etc will make things comfortabe.One can always leave these things in the car if it gets too warm. All in all it can't be too bad. I am sure,Wayne,you will spot us as soon as you see the sun tanned "Welshman" besides a "giant"!

Comment

giant ,ROFPMSL wayne just look out for ghandi and shrek

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                      giant ,ROFPMSL wayne just look out for ghandi and shrek
                      Wayne might take off seeing that "couple"!- the deadly duo!!

Comment

Jeff, just a big thank you for arranging the "Meet" today (12th Aug). I have never seen so many birds at such range before.
                        It was also great to see Wayne,Dave and Nick clicking away.
                        Regards
                        Nat

Comment

Working...
                        X