Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January to March 2014

My printed copy arrived this morning.

Looks like some interesting articles on macro and lighting for macro (very useful for me as I hope to do more of this in 2014), as well as taking pix in and of snow. Some technical stuff on EF-S lenses and on noise levels too.
    So will put the laptop down now and get reading

David

Re: January to March 2014

Received mine today. Will start reading it soon.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Click, Clunk my EOS Magazine through the letter flap in the front door and onto the mat where it lay for about 30 seconds.
      Will be read while watching the Rugby this afternoon and whilst keeping my feet in the air so that the room can be vacuumed, but not by me. Oh well more cold shoulder.
      David

Comment

Looks like a good one......
        Have been trying to puzzle out a few DPP related things and they seem to be answered for me, and the macro/flash stuff looks good.
        Thanks to all the writers and production team.
        Cheers, Chris.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

I normally read the print off mine as soon as it comes through the letter box, but after forgetting our wedding anniversary, I am trying really hard to get back in to Mrs C's good books.

She commented on the state of the garden during the week, so I have spent all morning gardening and EOS mag is unopened as yet. I'll have a quick look while she is shopping this afternoon.
          Colin

Comment

Mine dropped on the mat and after a quick skim, doing a little more in depth reading. May have a go at the multiple image trick in DPP. but that's probably for later, just got up to the macro lighting section.

Quick question Robert. Do you email when the subscription is due?
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
              I normally read the print off mine as soon as it comes through the letter box, but after forgetting our wedding anniversary, I am trying really hard to get back in to Mrs C's good books.

She commented on the state of the garden during the week, so I have spent all morning gardening and EOS mag is unopened as yet. I'll have a quick look while she is shopping this afternoon.
              Time to put your foot down Colin - aye, on the spade I mean ;)
              Bob Turner
              Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I had a quick flick through it this morning.
                This probably explains why I'm knackered tonight (nightshift again)

I'm sure I read that the mag is in its 21st year however I was half asleep when I read it - or I could have been dreaming.
                I've been a subscriber since the first issue
                Has anyone else?

Mike
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                  ....Has anyone else?

Mike
                  I haven't subscribed from #1 but I did have the full collection, until I passed on my collection to a younger member; who now subscribes. I find that the digital editions are all I need to keep and I pass on the paper copies to other local EOS users.
                  Bob Turner
                  Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                    Quick question Robert. Do you email when the subscription is due?

Usually a letter, unless you have set up a Direct Debit (which gives you a £5 discount for the time and money saved).
                    Robert
                    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Sunday morning - feet up, large cup of strong coffee - now for a long lazy morning perusing my favourite photography magazine. Looks like another good one. Well done, guys.

Cheers,
                      Neil
                      Neilly's Flickr Page
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
                      Facebook
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

I'll be downloading the pdf and putting it on my kindle later ready to read on the plane tomorrow as off to the outskirts of Madrid with work (camera in tow but not tripod)
                        Andy
                        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                        [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Patiently waiting for my copy to arrive!! Should within the next few days. Too hot to garden 42degs! all the best, Mike in South Oz.
                          Mike in South Australia
                          Cameras
                          EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
                          Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
                          Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

Comment

I have now gone through my current magazine and I must give a big thumbs up to the article on "Noise". Very informative. Also the one on EF-S Lenses.
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

At last - arrived by airmail today and very worth the wait. Great collection of articles - vmt. Mike
                              Mike in South Australia
                              Cameras
                              EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
                              Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
                              Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X