April - June 2015 issue. Some lens prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April - June 2015 issue. Some lens prices

P65 of this issue shows some excellent comparison shots of wide aperture lenses used for portraiture, and also mentions prices for the EF 85 F/1.2L II USM and EF 85 F/1.8 USM, at £2639.99 and £469.99 respectively. I assume that these are the latest Canon UK list prices. Checking out real world prices at WEX gives £1499 and £251 respectively. (Park Cameras and Jessops prices are similar) The "real world" prices are resp. 56.8% & 53.4% of the list price, which does seem somewhat extreme.

Would it be possible for you to publish "indicative street prices" as well in future articles?
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

Re: April - June 2015 issue. Some lens prices

Sorry. The prices we quoted were before Canon's recent price reductions on many of the lenses.

We have looked at quoting a 'street price' - but which street? And should we be looking at online prices, as well?

At least by quoting the Canon suggested retail price you will often be pleasantly surprised when you visit your favourite retailer.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
      We have looked at quoting a 'street price' - but which street? ...
      I was surprised how close the "Google found" prices were from WEX, Park Cameras, and some other well known retailers, including John lewis in one case. So close in fact that I wondered if we now had resale price maintenance back with us. My pricing exercise didn't extend to grey imports or ebay.
      M Stewart
      Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

www.camerapricebuster.co.uk is a good guide for prices

Comment

Working...
        X