Movie articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie articles

EOS magazine needs to publish more articles on EOS movie mode to keep pace with the technology. Would you like to see these articles in EOS magazine, or would you prefer to view them in a separate publication?

One option is an online publication where we can link to movie examples and comparisons.

Feedback welcome.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Re: Movie articles

In the magazine would work well for me.

Comment

I would welcome it in the magazine as long as it was in addition to the photography elements and did not compromise them (i.e. use more pages to cover the extra content)!

Alternatively, a supplement once or twice per year would be nice too.
      www.darklightdevice.com

Comment

Originally posted by fenderstrat View Post
        I would welcome it in the magazine as long as it was in addition to the photography elements and did not compromise them (i.e. use more pages to cover the extra content)!

Alternatively, a supplement once or twice per year would be nice too.
        Seconded...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hello Robert

I have had my 1D MKIV for exactly a year now and still haven't used movie mode. Any movie article to entice me off my bottom would be welcome.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Sorry to disagree. I have a canon camcorder for movies. My 5d1 doesn't do movies, so of no interest to me in the main magazine.
            Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Movie doesn't interest me either even though I own a 5D II. If I was interested in movies, I would have bought a movie camera.

Comment

Originally posted by alannfrost View Post
                Sorry to disagree. I have a canon camcorder for movies. My 5d1 doesn't do movies, so of no interest to me in the main magazine.
                Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
                Movie doesn't interest me either even though I own a 5D II. If I was interested in movies, I would have bought a movie camera.
                Hi Guys;

In general; I agree. My 40D doesn't 'do' movies either, and I'm well recorded for saying that it's not a vote winner for me either...

Nonetheless; the technology is here to stay, whether we like it or not, and there are plenty of users who do utilise the facility.

All bodies have functions on them some of us don't or won't ever use; but that's not a reason not to cover them off IMO...

I see the sense in some coverage; but, as above, not at the expense of the 'core' product - stills!

Cheers...
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

A very sensible suggestion, yes all aspects of the cameras should be covered and none exclusive or excluded. Like some others, I have things like a 5D mk2 and now a G12, and , although it is not my priority, I am finding that the movie function could well be of use sometines so need to know more about it. For example (see posting elsewhere) I am finding i difficult to get accurate information on processing the video output as it seems to be in dedicated Canon format which the editors built in to Windows etc don't like. DPP has software fairly well hidden in its latest Zoom Browser etc etc so some information of this kind of thing would be useful. Maybe a separate booklet sometime devoted to the current status of movie production with the Canon cameras and updated occasionally by pages in the EOS magazine?? Certainy something should be done. Canon put a lot of work into adding this feature so as EOS is a magazine dedicated to Canon Cameras, this is the place where users look for helpful information.
                  Apart from that, I always like to see what others are doing with their cameras and what other features are there even if I never usee them myself. What about a dedicated forum section too ??

Comment

Working...
                  X