EOS Magazine Subscription Format Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS Magazine Subscription Format Query

Well, it's the new year and I have been dealing with deayed decisions and I would request the advice of other magazine subscribers with one matter.

My annual subscription to EOS Magazine is due for renewal next month (IIRC) and, while I wish to continue receiving the magazine, should I continue with paper or switch to digital? Should I try the digital edition and maintain my paper copy?

In the past year, I handed my complete, and bound, collection of the magazine to a local, and much younger, EOS photographer to gain some volume to my allotted space in the house. I have also trimmed some subscriptions to other magazines completely. I am conscious that I should cut my personal paper usage, but I do like the feel and smell of every new issue of EOS Magazine.

Can anyone offer any useful advice? Is it a fact that a digital subscription gives one access to all previous issues online?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Re: EOS Magazine Subscription Format Query

You only get access to all the digital editions (from April-June 2006 onwards) for a one-off fee of £12.95 while you are a subscriber to the print edition. For more details see:
    Enjoy EOS magazine on your computer, tablet or smartphone. EOS magazine library is a vast treasure trove of photographic techniques, tips and Canon-centric information, all accessible via a web browser or the dedicated EOS mag app.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Over and above that, I like to sit and read the Mag. Feel the paper and enjoy the experience.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

I too like the paper copy and read them over and over again, if I am not sure of something. So please continue with the paper issues.

Nathaniel
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I just paid the £35 for the digital back catalogue addon. Whilst I'm more than happy to read on a PC or Kindle I like having hard copies of a magazine. However for £12 for all that extra info it seemed more than reasonable.
          TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

I do like to have the magazine personally.
            David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
            All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

I also enjoy the paper version more. I do on occasion have a nose through the digital editions too, I have a couple of editions downloaded to my phone at any one time, good for passing the time on the commute or when traveling for work. But if I had to choose i would have the paper version. Fortunately though you can have both plus the added benefit of back copies if you subscribe to paper and add the extra £12.95 on for the digital.
              Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Thanks Everyone for your opinions. I too like the paper edition but I have taken Robert's offer of subcribing to the digital issue for the one-off payment. This way I can pass on my paper copies to others who may be interested and maybe increase circulation that way too.

Thanks again,
                Bob
                Bob Turner
                Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Working...
                X