Projecting prints!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projecting prints!

Can anyone help with a method of photographing displayed prints and getting an immediate and full frame projected image?
    Background - as in most camera clubs, we have a monthly print competition which is judged in front of up to 70 - 80 members in a room which is quite long. Consequently, members at the back of the room cannot see what the judge is talking about (even if the judge knows what s/he is talking about - ha ha!).
    I have seen a system in place which I think uses Canon's DPP software, and basically seemed to involve using a camera to photograph the print when it is put up on the stand, and then getting an immediate projection, via a laptop and digi projector, without faffing about resizing the monitor screen etc etc.
    I have asked EOS magazine a couple of times to consider this subject as an article, and although I get encouraging noises - that's all I get.
    Does any clever person out there know how to do this?

Re: Projecting prints!

Surely a digital video camera attached to a projector will do the job.
    Zoom in on picture project on screen... Done
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Hi Neil.

Here are two possible solutions, which you may wish to consider.

1) Option one is to ask all members contributing a print to also contribute a digital copy ready for projection (1024 x 768px), this could also be linked into an automatic scoring software package.
      2) My second suggestion is to “tether” a camera directly to your laptop which is in turn thered directly to the digital projector. The projector automatically follows whatever is displayed upon the laptop.
      The only problem I will leave you with, is which cameras work in a “direct tethered” mode. I am sure a Canon product brochure would answer this question.
      Hope this helps.
      All the very best.
      John Fairclough

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Scott View Post
        Can anyone help with a method of photographing displayed prints and getting an immediate and full frame projected image?
        Background - as in most camera clubs, we have a monthly print competition which is judged in front of up to 70 - 80 members in a room which is quite long. Consequently, members at the back of the room cannot see what the judge is talking about (even if the judge knows what s/he is talking about - ha ha!).
        I have seen a system in place which I think uses Canon's DPP software, and basically seemed to involve using a camera to photograph the print when it is put up on the stand, and then getting an immediate projection, via a laptop and digi projector, without faffing about resizing the monitor screen etc etc.
        I have asked EOS magazine a couple of times to consider this subject as an article, and although I get encouraging noises - that's all I get.
        Does any clever person out there know how to do this?
        Liveview and connected through the USB - I have used this at the school I work in - a bit slow but otherwise fine. Works fine on my 50d
        Last edited by briansquibb; 23-12-2009, 08:41.
        ef-r

Comment

Working...
        X