Macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macro

Would like to see an article on Macro photography. Having recently bought a 105mm macro lens and ring flash I would like some help with getting the best from them.
    Regards ,
    Norman

Re: Macro

Agreed,maybe a series of articles from basics and choosing a lens up to how to take various types of photographs. With plenty of examples with settings used and lighting conditions etc.

Comment

Yes, a good review of macro would be good, including bellows/ extension tubes, etc...
      www.garywhite-photography.com
      Gary White, MPhil
      Travel Photographer

Comment

yes indeed, bellows, extension tubes, etc is something I've always been curious about but never really taken the time to research adequately

Comment

Yes. For example, I know Novaflex make some auto bellows for EF mount (Canon don't). I'd like to know about those. Speedgraphic sell them and I have always been tempted...

I can recommend this company highly...

Gary
          www.garywhite-photography.com
          Gary White, MPhil
          Travel Photographer

Comment

Hi Norman, I use the 18-55mm on a 400D and get some great results. I think macro is probably my favourite branch of photography. I just learnt by trial and error. I don't like reading about it when I can be out doing it.
            David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yep me too!

Comment

Looks like we have a quorum. :D
                Regards ,
                Norman

Comment

Looked at a book recently on Macro Photography in a local book shop.
                  To be honest, it look really boring. The first chapter was on equipment you need for MP, and if you were to follow their advice, you would need a second mortgage, or sell the kids.
                  With practice you don't need half of what they recommend. Start with every day object around the house. Try different settings, different lighting, and different lens sizes, that's the fun of photography.
                  You could read books for hour and never get the same results as the so called experts.
                  David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

The subject of macro photography has already been covered many times in past issues. Not sure if it is worth revisiting it? There is a very good book by John Shaw on the subject also, called "Close ups in Nature". John shoots Nikon, but the principles are the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X