Digital archive of articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital archive of articles

Would it be possible to have a digital archive of previous magazine articles, linked to the magazine index on the EOS magazine website?

Or possibly digital PDF versions of the magazines, as I don't have the space available to store old editions of my magazines.

Obviously only allowed to paying subscribers.

Re: Digital archive of articles

Originally posted by Owin View Post
    Would it be possible to have a digital archive of previous magazine articles, linked to the magazine index on the EOS magazine website?

Or possibly digital PDF versions of the magazines, as I don't have the space available to store old editions of my magazines.

Obviously only allowed to paying subscribers.

I was about to post a thread asking for the same thing. I'm a subsciber to quite a few mags (non photography) which provide a free download of the latest publication (some with a months delay) so that you can save it for future reference. Space is also an issue for me, plus I like to recycle my magazines rather than having them sat around getting in the way and collecting dust.

Obviously I'd rather not pay twice for the digital version and the printed mag, but perhaps it could be an optional extra with the printed mag for a small fee?
    7D, 400D + Grip (for Sale), G9, EF-S 10-22 USM, 50 f1.4 USM, 17-40L, 24-105L IS, 100-400L, 430EX, RC-1, Giottos ML3290B + MT8240B & MH1302. No spare money!

Comment

Originally posted by edster View Post
      Obviously I'd rather not pay twice for the digital version and the printed mag, but perhaps it could be an optional extra with the printed mag for a small fee?
      We already offer something similar. For a modest one-off fee (£8.95) subscribers to the print edition can have access to all the available digital editions of EOS magazine. This access remains for as long as you continue to be a print subscriber. One advantage of the digital edition system we use is a search facility across all the available editions - very useful when you can't remember where you saw an article. The search looks for words and phrases within the articles, not just the titles.

There are currently five digital editions available - all of 2009 and the current 2010 issue. Each new digital edition is posted at the same time as the print edition is published.

Details of this digital service are available at http://www.eos-magazine.com/options/
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
        For a modest one-off fee (£8.95)
        Many thanks Robert. Now that I re-read the small print I can now see that this is a One-Off fee to magazine subscribers. And it is indefinite as long as you stay subscribed. Super-duper!

Q:Would this allow me to download previous back issues (even if I wasn't previously subscribed)??
        Last edited by edster; 25-01-2010, 08:45. Reason: I now have my reading glasses on!
        7D, 400D + Grip (for Sale), G9, EF-S 10-22 USM, 50 f1.4 USM, 17-40L, 24-105L IS, 100-400L, 430EX, RC-1, Giottos ML3290B + MT8240B & MH1302. No spare money!

Comment

For non-British readers, does "one-off" mean "one time"? Also, are there plans to add all previous editions of magazine to the archive. It would be nice to have access to all editions.

Comment

Working...
          X