Retail Outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retail Outlets

Thanks David. Tried again on Firefox and on Explorer but still no joy. The diagnostics on Explorer says:- 'www.7dayshop.com is online but isn't responding to network connection attempts'

Lets hope it's temporary, I'd miss them, I've been a customer since they started back in 2001.

Gerry

Comment

Gerry,
      Just tried again and was able to order a 8gb Sandisk Compact Flash, added to my cart and was able to get to the checkout. Then cancelled as do not need another card.
      I used Firefox

David
      David

Comment

Thanks again David.

This an odd one! Everything else works but not 7dayshop. I've done a system restore to a time I know their website was working (5/10) but it still won't connect. I've also tried going in via Google and the link they sent me on their receipt of my order to no avail. I guess I will just have to wait.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

It's now nearly 2 weeks since I ordered and well over a week ( I think!) since the advised dispatch date. Their delivery times are slipping...perhaps Royal Mail are having problems again.

Gerry

Comment

I have just got on - created an account and ordered a battery without a problem

Brian
          ef-r

Comment

Thanks for that Brian.

I still can't connect in the normal way. On the advice of my son, I have managed to connect via a 'proxy server' but when I go into 'My Account', the information is all mixed up i.e. the latest order number is correct but the order date is January 2009! It looks as though something could be amiss their end.

I have now emailed 7dayshop (using the proxy server) asking for assistance.

For information, TalkTalk is my ISP.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by Greecian View Post
              Thanks for that Brian.

I still can't connect in the normal way. On the advice of my son, I have managed to connect via a 'proxy server' but when I go into 'My Account', the information is all mixed up i.e. the latest order number is correct but the order date is January 2009! It looks as though something could be amiss their end.

I have now emailed 7dayshop (using the proxy server) asking for assistance.

For information, TalkTalk is my ISP.

Gerry
              Update:- Whatever was wrong has corrected itself (or somebody has corrected it!). The website started working again for me this evening...one of life's mysteries I suppose.

BUT, I still haven't received my memory card and 7dayshop have not responded to the 3 emails I have sent them since Sunday.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by Greecian View Post
                Update:- Whatever was wrong has corrected itself (or somebody has corrected it!). The website started working again for me this evening...one of life's mysteries I suppose.

BUT, I still haven't received my memory card and 7dayshop have not responded to the 3 emails I have sent them since Sunday.

Gerry
                Just to tie this up. It seems that 7dayshop did not receive the 3 emails sent via the proxy server. I repeated my email last night, when the normal server was working and received a reply this morning. 7dayshop have now sent me a replacement card.

Gerry

Comment

Glad it is all sorted Gerry.
                  Was a bit of a "worry" as 7 day shop is very useful for "stuff"

David
                  David

Comment

Is this thread only for positive feedback?
                    I have recently had two negative experiences. I ordered a 5D Mk II body, 17-40 f/4.0L and 270EX flash from Camera box, they took my money but three weeks went by and no goods, so I cancelled the order and got a refund. I then re-ordered from Simply Electronics, they took my money on 11th of this month and I am still waiting. I also had to send proof of who I am ( even though I have purchased from them before )- copies of utility bill, passport etc. before they would honour my purchase. I have never had so much hassle trying to buy something!
                    Last edited by collywobbles; 22-11-2010, 13:05. Reason: typo

Comment

It would appear that both of those companies have a bad press for customer service, taking the money and not delivering the goods, or goods vastly delayed. Is it also a coincidence that these two companies are also the cheapest?

I may pay a little more than the cheapest net prices, but I go to my pro shop, have a coffee, play with a new camera or lens and walk away with the kit, knowing that it's not refurbished, or a grey import. I like the "touchy feely" experience.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Park Cameras gets my vote, they have a large out of town shop with all the gear displayed so you can be hands-on without being pestered by staff. It can get busy which does tie up the staff but there are plenty of toys to keep you amused. Best of all the prices are good and comparable to amazon.

They also have training fascilities, have manufactures events and stock to lot! and no, I don't work for them.

Graham.

Comment

I tend to buy from the less expensive UK outlet whether in store or on-line.
                          I am a strong believer in getting the best deal.
                          Jessops are ok, the staff are more than helpful but that's where it ends. Ask for a deal and they are not interested.
                          I asked about a NEW 7D + 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 17-40mm f/4L and 100mm f/2.8L IS macro.
                          All they were willing to do was knock off £17 off the total price. I bought elsewhere.
                          Jessops are generally more expensive than other RETAILERS but are far too expensive on their accessories, memory cards, bags, filters etc..
                          After almost going into receivership last year I can understand their reluctance to discount. They were bought out by their bank. STORY HERE
                          The same applied with Park Cameras, they were not willing to offer any discount.
                          Wilkinson's never had the descency to reply.

My best experience (as a buyer) is with Warehouse Express and Amazon.
                          I can't fault Warehouse Express, the order is here the next day.
                          I only buy from Amazon when ordering from Amazon, I do not use the others who advertise and sell through Amazon except for Camera King.
                          Amazon's packaging is a bit iffy with oversized boxes but the delivery is spot on.

My vote goes to:
                          1. Warehouse Express
                          2. Amazon (UK)

Comment

Walters Aberdare Amazon uk and don't forget ebay

Comment

Harrison Cameras here in Sheffield have very experienced staff, bought all three of my Camera bodies from them used and new, have always left a happy (and poorer) customer!

woodshaper
                              Last edited by woodshaper; 10-09-2011, 06:36. Reason: refining text!
                              Think WHY, BEFORE you TRY!
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

550D, 40D, EF 24-105 IS, 70-300 IS L, EF 100 F2.8, EF 50mm 1.8, SIGMA 10-20/17-70, KENKO X1.4 EXTENDER, MANFROTTO 190XPROB, 496 HEAD, SPEEDLITE 430 EX

Comment

Working...
                              X