Micro focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro focus

I have heard that micro focussing adjustment on the camera will yield better IQ. I would like to see an article on Micro focussing in layman's language so that we can also achieve better IQ.

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Micro focus

The adjustment is only available on some new models of camera's, it is for correcting front or back focusing issues when your camera and lens are not a matched pair, the down side of the adjustment is that if you have other lenses then you can knock them out of sink because you have made adjustments to suit the lens that you are having issues with. it is wonderful if you use only the one lens,
    cameras and lenses are calibrated to within a given tolerance.
    There is a lot more to this and sadly I dont have the time to write it all at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Donphotography View Post
      the down side of the adjustment is that if you have other lenses then you can knock them out of sink because you have made adjustments to suit the lens that you are having issues with.
      It was my underdtanding that the cameras that had the microfocus adjustment capabilities recorded the microfocus changes made against each individual lens, My belief was that if you had for example a 70-200 f4 and a 70-200 f4 IS lens and made a change for one of them then that would be recorded for both 70-200 f4 lenses but if you had a 55-250, nifty fifty and a 70-200 each of these lenses could be independantly adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
        It was my underdtanding that the cameras that had the microfocus adjustment capabilities recorded the microfocus changes made against each individual lens, My belief was that if you had for example a 70-200 f4 and a 70-200 f4 IS lens and made a change for one of them then that would be recorded for both 70-200 f4 lenses but if you had a 55-250, nifty fifty and a 70-200 each of these lenses could be independantly adjusted.
        Yes - there is usually the option to adjust either the body or each individual lens.

It doesn't improve the IQ - just the focus
        ef-r

Comment

It doesn't improve the IQ - just the focus, Just the point of focus ie back front or centre.

Comment

Working...
          X