Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 The 12th century Leicester Church of St.Mary de Castro(St.Mary of the Castle) - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 12th century Leicester Church of St.Mary de Castro(St.Mary of the Castle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12th century Leicester Church of St.Mary de Castro(St.Mary of the Castle)

IMG_0022 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Visited there on October 12th,and thought the mono/sepia effect suited it.Unusually for the area there were no cars to spoil the view.

The infant King Henry VI was knighted in there at Whitsuntide 1426 by his uncle John of Lancaster,Duke of Bedford.

It is rumoured that the bawdy poet Geoffrey Chaucer was married there around 1366.

I did what I could with the verticals,not perfect I admit,but good enough for me.
    Last edited by Guest; 22-10-2019, 19:28.

Re: The 12th century Leicester Church of St.Mary de Castro(St.Mary of the Castle)

I like the effect Roy, I sepia suits it well, gives an old fashioned photo look without too many modern encumbrances to give the game away
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Re: The 12th century Leicester Church of St.Mary de Castro(St.Mary of the Castle)

Thanks Ian,usually there are a few cars parked outside,but I was lucky that day.
      Last edited by Guest; 22-10-2019, 23:35.

Comment

Nicely done Roy.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thank you Bill,much appreciated.

Comment

Nice image in sepia.
            Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks Derek

Comment

Verticals look OK to me and the sepia tone does suit the subject. Have you thought about removing the cable and the three signs? Would make it really timeless...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I could probably clone out the signs Nigel,but I don't get on too well with anything larger,so I'll leave it"as is".

Comment

Working...
                  X