Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Friars Mill,River Soar,Leicester - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friars Mill,River Soar,Leicester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friars Mill,River Soar,Leicester

From my canal stroll on Saturday,such a tranquil scene..
    IMG_0202 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Lovely scene Roy just a shame about the scaffolding RHS.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I was wondering about that,so I'll crop it out.

Comment

Good composition and colours.....I also like the reflection of the building.
        there’s another composition available here using a portrait crop and taking away the tow path on the left...just an idea.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Better?
          IMG_0202 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Comment

I see what you mean Brian,but I think having the curve of the river in the scene completes it.That's what I had in mind when taking the shot.

Thank you though,it was the colours and reflection that drew me to it.

Comment

I would have taken the right hand crop a bit further, to eliminate the roof above the dark fence.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                I would have taken the right hand crop a bit further, to eliminate the roof above the dark fence.

John
                If I get the chance,and similar weather and light,I'll go back to retake the shot with that in mind.It's just a 10 minute walk from home.

Comment

The second is the stronger composition Roy
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I agree with the removal of the scaffolding, it jarred the scene somewhat and the image is all the better for it now.
                    When you return to the scene, can you go a couple of steps to the right so as to get the full curve of the canal on the left? Or have you stopped the shot at that point because the curve is not complete and there's something ugly going on there?
                    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

[QUOTE=lunarbo;n713381When you return to the scene, can you go a couple of steps to the right so as to get the full curve of the canal on the left? Or have you stopped the shot at that point because the curve is not complete and there's something ugly going on there? [/QUOTE]
                      I think before going a couple of steps to the right, It may be worth putting the camera in a waterproof housing . I agree about including the full curve though.

John
                      Last edited by Swanny48; 14-04-2020, 19:09.

Comment

Nice shot, not a bit of Leicester I knew, even though I lived there for around 40 years
                        Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Thanks everyone

Barbara;If I took even one step to the right,the"something ugly" would be me going for an un-planned swim! So John,you were right about the waterproof housing being needed.

Burnie;If you can visualise starting at West Bridge and heading along the tow path in the general direction of Abbey Park,but not as far as that,that's where I was for the shot.On Sunday I went in the opposite direction,to St.Mary's Mills locks,passing by the King Power footy stadium on the left and with the area where Gimson's wood yard used to be,on my right.It's all housing now. Then returning to my start point of West Bridge again.
                          Last edited by Guest; 14-04-2020, 14:20.

Comment

The second photo looks a lot better without the scaffolding. I like the light and reflection, well done.
                            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X