Nightscapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightscapes

The January 2022 magazine had a article on nightscapes, so I thought I would try a few night shots. I didn't go far from home, too cold, so the landscapes aren't very interesting but it was a first try. These were taken on 5 January 2022 using a 6D with a 35mm F2 IS lens or a 70-200mm F4, at between 4 and 10 seconds with ISO 3200. Each one was taken three times then stacked using Sequator, based on the magazine recommendation. I was told to change the white balance to tungsten to get remove the brown tinge in the sky.

Orion

Stars 1b by Stackman1, on Flickr

Ursa Major

Stars 6b by Stackman1, on Flickr

Taurus and the Pleiades cluster

Stars 7 b by Stackman1, on Flickr

Now planning to go somewhere with a better landscape. Also looking to try a tracker so I can use the 400mm or may get a fast wide angle lens.

Thanks for looking

Chris

They look like a good start to Astro to me Chris. I've ordered a Move Shoot Move tracker, to use for Milky Way images. It seems like it is a lightweight tracker designed for travelling/hiking. If you're interested have a look on YouTube for Alyn Wallace he has a couple of videos where he has used one alongside a more robust tracker shooting side by side at Stonehenge.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

You have done well for your first try, well done.

Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Stackman Nice images. clear and clean blue sky too.
        ST-EOS my MSM is due for delivery Monday. looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Comment

What can be more captivating than starry night? The starry night that has been captured

Comment

Working...
          X