No announcement yet.

Orion Nebula - Untracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is indeed a lot of work, but well worth it, thank you for the workflow.
    Rose

Comment

Graceful work! I'd like to share with you one of my first photos:
      Giacobini-Zinner comet

cm.jpg
      Generally, all this astronomy stuff is so inspiring. Each time I shoot space I want to go farther and farther. That's why I'm happy that James Webb Space Telescope has been launched into space. Just imagine, that we are able too see the most distant corners of Universe!

Comment

That is an amazing photo Kevin, well done and thank you for sharing. Just wish I could take similar pics.

so that everyone can see your pic, go to the Astrophotography section of this forum, start a new topic and post your pic. That way it will be shared with everyone.
        Rose

Comment

so, there've been precious-little clear nights for a couple of weeks now, but I did manage to grab around 50 images of Orion on Feb 6th. It's strange how even subtle changes in earth's atmosphere can reveal much more or less in images taken with the same settings.

zpNNR1A.jpg

feb6th.jpg

...the second image reveals more nebulosity but at the expense of lots more noise.

going to try this again next clear night with a 2x extender. this might push the limit of the 500-rule though as the lens will effectively become 270mm. at 1.6 crop that's an effective 430mm lens.
          this will also reduce the aperture by a stop or two.
          but, nothing ventured eh?
          Last edited by brenski; 11-02-2022, 11:22.

Comment

the extender failed misrably - almost impossible to get Infinity Focus with the extender attached.

...so back to 135mm 1se images - this time @1600iso from Feb 10th, definitely reveals more detail

adofdhohbblnpifg.jfif

and as a comparison, below is an image I took 10th Feb: this didn't come from the Canon.

Equipment/Software:
            ♦ Zwo ASI 183 Pro C [cooled]
            ♦ Skywatcher Evostar 72ED DS-Pro
            ♦ Skywatcher Star Adventurer Pro 2i Wifi
            ♦ Shaprcap
            ♦ Deepsky Stacker
            ♦ Photoshop CS3

60 x 9sec images stacked then levels/curves processed.

nkpgkoicfjcpbbop.jfif
            Last edited by brenski; 11-02-2022, 11:24.

Comment

Working...
            X