Getting to grips with monochrome - Ramshaw Rocks, Peak District

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to grips with monochrome - Ramshaw Rocks, Peak District

I'm continuing down my learning path of monochrome photography and I thought I'd give this shot a convert as the sky looked just right and with a nice bright foreground. What are peoples thoughts on this one?

Ramshaw Rocks by Andrew Nixon, on Flickr
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: Getting to grips with monochrome - Ramshaw Rocks, Peak District

im no expert mate but it looks good to me, everything about the scene suits the mono.

Comment

Very nice tonal control Andrew :thumbs:

Tom

Comment

I'd say your getting to grips with B&W well - looks good
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
          im no expert mate but it looks good to me, everything about the scene suits the mono.
          Thanks very much Dave...I even re-processed in colour afterwards and it just didn't work...

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Very nice tonal control Andrew :thumbs:

Tom
          Thank Tom..

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          I'd say your getting to grips with B&W well - looks good
          Many thanks Ian, glad to be moving in the right direction with it
          Andy

Flickr Page
          Facebook Page

Comment

It's a perfect shot for a conversion but for me the top is just a tad too dark. That or darken the bottom slightly to balance things up
            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
              It's a perfect shot for a conversion but for me the top is just a tad too dark. That or darken the bottom slightly to balance things up
              Thank you very much for the feedback Alan, really appreciate it..I've chosen to darken the foreground a slight touch as I do like the darker sky area...How do you feel about change this mate???

_MG_3359-1.jpg
              Andy

Flickr Page
              Facebook Page

Comment

Works better for me and balances the image very well now, good one
                Alan.

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Like that a lot Andrew
                  Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Works better for me and balances the image very well now, good one
                    Excellent..Have to admit, I really like the change, giving it far better balance across the whole frame. Thank you for your advice mate..

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post
                    Like that a lot Andrew
                    Good good, thanks for the feedback, Scott
                    Andy

Flickr Page
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Andrew, the first is lovely and a great conversion, but the second is an improvement even on that. Very nicely done. And a great suggestion by Alan, I for one would never have come up with how to improve it.
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by atnixon View Post
                        Excellent..Have to admit, I really like the change, giving it far better balance across the whole frame. Thank you for your advice mate
                        You're welcome buddy. Now don't be entering it in a comp against mine, right
                        Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                          Andrew, the first is lovely and a great conversion, but the second is an improvement even on that. Very nicely done. And a great suggestion by Alan, I for one would never have come up with how to improve it.
                          Alex, many thanks for your feedback mate. Yes, I was a great suggestion / improvement by Alan, made a big difference...Cheers

Cheers Alan, really appreciated it...ha ha ha...I hardly ever enter into any comps mate..dont really know where to look for them to be honest mate!!
                          Andy

Flickr Page
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Just caught you Facebook Alan ( already follow you on Flickr), enjoyed looking at your work..top notch buddy !!!
                            Andy

Flickr Page
                            Facebook Page

Comment

Well done Andrew - great processing. The 2nd one improves it even more; the sky is great.
                              - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X