Latest black / white project - about finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest black / white project - about finished

This is the latest black / white conversion I've been working on lately. Its also the 7th attempt shooting it to get the sky conditions that I wanted and the right light level to minimise reflections as the entire exterior of the building is glass. Thought on this one please ladies and gents. Its not a straight forward conversion, quite a lot of gentle amounts of dodge and burn gone on with this as my end result is for impact. Just for interest, i'll upload the original as well...no larger versions yet as I've not put this on my flickr account..

Thanks in advance..

fa-mono-1.jpg
    Last edited by atnixon; 10-10-2015, 12:30. Reason: Title Ammended
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: Latest black / white project - about finished

fa-mono-orig.jpg
    Andy

Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Comment

Very well processed. Like how you brought out the individual tones in the window and how the lighting in the sky draws you to the building. The only niggle is the wires leading to the building.

Tom

Comment

What an interesting building, both versions work. The ski lift/gondola thingymebob is a bit intrusive though
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Very well processed. Like how you brought out the individual tones in the window and how the lighting in the sky draws you to the building. The only niggle is the wires leading to the building.

Tom
          Yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh....i'm torn with them to be honest Tom...I like the lamp in there but if remove the wires, it just looks like its kinda floating and doesn't sit right??? I just could get the angle I wanted, at the edge of the corner, without the inclusion of the lamp..a good bit of rebuilding work to remove it....I might have a play though, see what my content aware / cloning skills are like...ha ha ha...

Many thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it...
          Andy

Flickr Page
          Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
            What an interesting building, both versions work. The ski lift/gondola thingymebob is a bit intrusive though
            Thanks Peter...the thinymabob is a lamp...ha ha ha...its this new age modern architectural lighting...they have these pairs of wires around the buildings with random lights put on them. However they came up with the idea is anyones guess...ha ha ha...

The second photo, is the untouched file, straight from Camera Raw, hence why its flat...
            Andy

Flickr Page
            Facebook Page

Comment

Ah...I've seen lights like that but only within buildings never outside I was convinced it was a ski lift arrangement. I must get back to specs avers [emoji41]
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                Ah...I've seen lights like that but only within buildings never outside I was convinced it was a ski lift arrangement. I must get back to specs avers [emoji41]
                Just trying to get it all removed now...hmmm... not holding my breath ha ha ha
                Andy

Flickr Page
                Facebook Page

Comment

Thats a really good image..I looked again and thought i know that place...its the new and controversial Smithfield building...you've made it look really good, i like the mono conversion too!
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                    Thats a really good image..I looked again and thought i know that place...its the new and controversial Smithfield building...you've made it look really good, i like the mono conversion too!
                    Hey Brian...thanks very much mate...someone had to make it look nice...ha ha..yes, you know the spot mate...appreciate the feedback mate
                    Andy

Flickr Page
                    Facebook Page

Comment

That's a great looking building and really do like the processing you have done on it. The light is an issue as you already know.

Hope you don't mind but I've had a tinker and removed it.......its pretty obvious what I have done

fa-mono-1 copy.jpg
                      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

nice image and looks great in B&W

Alans edit works as thats the only thing I didn't like in the first edit
                        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

It's now looking like an abstract representation of a shark seen from below with the water surface above ...whereas in fact it's a cuboid building made of multicoloured glass in Stoke.
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I'm not knocking Stoke...its been improved massively over the last few decades...and we can make it look fantastic with some good photography.
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                              nice image and looks great in B&W

Alans edit works as thats the only thing I didn't like in the first edit
                              Cheers Ian...This is one of them shots i'd been planning on getting for god knows how long...glad I finally managed to get what I needed..

It's now looking like an abstract representation of a shark seen from below with the water surface above ...whereas in fact it's a cuboid building made of multicoloured glass in Stoke.
                              I'm not knocking Stoke...its been improved massively over the last few decades...and we can make it look fantastic with some good photography.

Ha ha ha...yes, your right Brian, it does, doesn't it...never looked at it like that...It has been improved a lot over this last year or so, thankfully...
                              Andy

Flickr Page
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X