Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Latest black / white project - about finished

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
    That's a great looking building and really do like the processing you have done on it. The light is an issue as you already know.

Hope you don't mind but I've had a tinker and removed it.......its pretty obvious what I have done

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13782[/ATTACH]
    Ha ha ha....well, that certainly fixes it Alan...I made a start on cloning this out last night...meticulous to say the least, trying to rebuilt the area to make it look legit...Thanks for the edit though matey, I appreciate it
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Comment

Well, I think I managed to get it all cut out the best I can, took a while to rebuild the area..took some creativeness...ha ha ha...worked out good though I think, really happy with that..What do people think of the finished article?

Monstrosity by Andrew Nixon, on Flickr
      Andy

Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

Flippin excellent....a well finished artwork!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
          Flippin excellent....a well finished artwork!
          Thank you very much, Brian, very kind of you...VERY happy with this end result now the lighting and wires are gone...
          Andy

Flickr Page
          Facebook Page

Comment

Andrew, you have created a beautiful artistic image. If I'm honest, from your out of camera shot I would have thought, 'nicely symmetric, interesting sky but a bit flat, oh well that didn't quite work' and put it to one side. I would never have had the vision to even contemplate dodging and burning the variation of light across it, and you have executed it beautifully. Taking away the light and wires is the crowning glory. Excellent.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
              Andrew, you have created a beautiful artistic image. If I'm honest, from your out of camera shot I would have thought, 'nicely symmetric, interesting sky but a bit flat, oh well that didn't quite work' and put it to one side. I would never have had the vision to even contemplate dodging and burning the variation of light across it, and you have executed it beautifully. Taking away the light and wires is the crowning glory. Excellent.
              Well, thank you very much Alex, that's really kind of you too say and I really appreciate your feedback. The end result was how I'd always perceived this too look. Quite punchy with the tones and light, sharp edges with an overall "film noir" kind of overall feel to it. I didn't really concentrate too much on getting this style of shot "perfect" in camera as I knew what I was going to do with it, so I just made sure that the raw file contained enough tonal value on the coloured shapes..

Many thanks
              Andy

Flickr Page
              Facebook Page

Comment

All your hard work and effort have paid of Andrew. That's a great image and very powerful too. Nice one
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                  All your hard work and effort have paid of Andrew. That's a great image and very powerful too. Nice one

Thank you very much Alan...Have to admit, getting that lamp removed was tedious to say the least..ha ha ha....worked out well in the end and it was worth it...cheers mate..

Getting to work on the second of this pairing of shots...dropped all the symmetry aspects on the next one and gone for a skewed / angled view. A little different. If I can get the end result as pleasing as this first one, i'll consider this building done and get to find another "unique" looking structure...
                  Andy

Flickr Page
                  Facebook Page

Comment

well done mate that looks great top draw stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dave s View Post
                      well done mate that looks great top draw stuff
                      Cheers me ode mucker...appreciate that...think i'll be sending this to print with the other when I've finished it...should get the 4 foot Curbar Edge pano back from the framers next weekend..cant wait to see that mother framed and on the wall...
                      Andy

Flickr Page
                      Facebook Page

Comment

A well finished finished article and worth the effort.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                          A well finished finished article and worth the effort.

Many thanks El Sid, appreciate it !!!
                          Andy

Flickr Page
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                          X