Old and New brickwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old and New brickwork

The old building was an annex (now flats) to my primary school. The building behind it, is the new library.

Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Over all, I feel that if you crop out the white building on the left, it would be a much better image. For me that white building distracts from the brick work and color of the older section of the building.

Tom

Comment

Completely agree with Tom’s comments.

John

Comment

Thanks Tom and John for your comments
        I could have cropped more off the new building, but my concept was to juxtaposition the difference of the two types of stonework.
        The new building is not joined to the old building it is 15 meters behind it.
        Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by leeperry View Post
            I could have cropped more off the new building, but my concept was to juxtaposition the difference of the two types of stonework.
            I suppose it depends on the purpose of the forum. If you wanted to show the difference in the brickwork, then you achieved your aim. If you were submitting a photograph for comments, then I still agree with Tom.

John

Comment

Gary, I like it very much, but just a thought, if you are aiming to show the juxtaposition, I'm not sure it leaps out at me because the 'old' dominates. For me, if you crop off the right hand side right up to the middle drainpipe it becomes much clearer that it is a comparison between the two and arguably you focus more on the beautiful doorway.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
              X