Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shot in mono but why is it now in colour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot in mono but why is it now in colour?

Hey everyone,

So I was out the other day and I took some pictures in mono (black and white) and when I've loaded them onto my laptop and also into lightroom, they are all now in colour. My issue is that even though I can make it black and white in lightroom, they don't look how they look in camera as I have adapted the mono settings for how I like it.

Anybody know any reasons why this is happening? It's a Canon 40d of this helps

Many thanks

Nathan

Just did a quick experiment. Set my 6D to picture style mono and took a picture in RAW.
    Downloaded to computer with EOS utility. Opened in Lightroom it was in colour. Opened it in DPP and it was B & W.

My conclusion is that the picture style label put on by the camera only gets interpreted as B & W in DPP, whereas Lightroom doesn't recognise it and opens the RAW file as taken.

If taken as JPEG it opens in Lightroom as B & W.

Comment

I use Raw+JPEG...lightroom always shows the Raw in colour and JPEG according to camera settings.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thank you both so much for this feedback. This so makes perfect sense now that I think about it.

Thanks again for both your help

Comment

Working...
        X