Frozen in time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen in time

This is in the old town market square of Warsaw.

With photography, you freeze time and sometimes get interesting results with people. I hope this image gives that effect! I used sepia toning because I think it adds to the effect of being timeless!
    Everything was processed in DPP apart from the stroke outline done at 5 px done in photoshop elements.

Comments welcome!

350D
    Tv 1/250
    Av 6.7
    ISO Speed 100
    Lens Sigma 10.0 - 20.0mm
    Focal Length 12.0mm[/SIZE]
    Last edited by eeyore; 27-09-2009, 18:06. Reason: photo disappeared! and I REALLY do not know why - back again!
    Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Re: Frozen in time

I know it's only five hours, but I'm surprised no one has commented on this so far. I like this very much. It is well composed, has plenty of interest, and has a professional journalistic feel to it. The 12mm gives it a nice touch of quirkiness. I would have upped the ISO to 200 and increased the f-stop to f11 and kept the 1/250s exposure for the birds. But a very nice shot. Love the old man shuffling across the scene.
    Last edited by carregwen; 23-09-2009, 21:07.

Comment

Love it. Very 'fly on the wall'. Some might not like the buildings leaning in but I think they look like they're doing so to protect a secret or keep modern evils at bay. Very Rudyard Kipling!

If you can keep your head
      when all about you men are losing theirs
      and blaming it on you,
      If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
      but make allowances for their doubting, too.
      If you can wait but not be tired of waiting,
      or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
      Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
      and yet don't look too good nor talk too wise,

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
      I know it's only five hours, but I'm surprised no one has commented on this so far.
      I was asleep!
      Dave

Comment

i guess i was too late. is the image still posted? i don't see anything?

Comment

It seems to have vanished.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks for your comments. Mystified as to why the photo disappeared. I'm using the Canon Image Gateway to host my photos!

Increasing the f stop may have helped a bit. I usually stick to iso 100, but recently I am upping it to 200, as the 350D handles noise well - it would indeed give me that extra stop to use!
            However, when taking photos, I concentrate on the picture and composition, and sometimes forget about everything else - esp when changing to high ISO for indoor shots, then going back outside and continue shooting at iso 800 for example- again a shame that the 350 doesn't give the iso in the view finder :-(
            Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
              Thanks for your comments. Mystified as to why the photo disappeared. I'm using the Canon Image Gateway to host my photos!

Increasing the f stop may have helped a bit. I usually stick to iso 100, but recently I am upping it to 200, as the 350D handles noise well - it would indeed give me that extra stop to use!
              However, when taking photos, I concentrate on the picture and composition, and sometimes forget about everything else - esp when changing to high ISO for indoor shots, then going back outside and continue shooting at iso 800 for example- again a shame that the 350 doesn't give the iso in the view finder :-(
              I use the 350 and you can get away with it all the way up to the top ISO 1600 in the right conditions. ISO 400 is very comfortable, so dont be afraid to dial it up, unless you are printing larger than A4...

I really like the image but find the figure a bit to lost in the statue but thats my personal preference! Love the birds, really captured te movement...

Comment

Working...
              X