Backgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backgrounds

Think this image was taken in some exotic location?
    Think again!!

It was actually taken on a cold, wet afternoon at home. I recorded a holiday program and paused sky+ at a suitable point. I then placed the glass in front of the telly and lit the umbrella with an off camera flashgun.
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Re: Backgrounds

Ha, ha, very good. Do you remember (of course you do) Z-Cars in the 1960's? The police car scenes were done with a stationary car rocked by a couple of stage-hands, while a film of moving traffic played behind them!
    Last edited by carregwen; 07-11-2009, 06:50.

Comment

Excellent!

I've often toyed with the idea of printing backgrounds for small subjects, though haven't actually gotten off my backside and tried it. Using the TV never even occurred to me. If you left the film playing, could you record motion blur I wonder?
      Dave

Comment

Excellent! ***** for creativity! love the idea, should I know introduce the copywright debate? Would this be affected as it is not you footage in the background? I dunno - just like the concept!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob.Richards View Post
          Excellent! ***** for creativity! love the idea, should I know introduce the copywright debate? Would this be affected as it is not you footage in the background? I dunno - just like the concept!
          You're correct in the assumption that it can't be used for commercial purposes.

It's a cool shot though!

Comment

Who would ever know what the background was?! I think you would be able to use it.
            5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

cracking idea Sam, well done.
              especially when you consider the size of TV screens these days, there are some good possibilities there I'd say.
              David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
              All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

cracking idea Sam, well done.
                Agreed :-)

Theres nothing to stop you using your own pics on the telly as a BG, you can load them up via your DVD player or USB port on the telly, if you have one.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                  Agreed :-)

Theres nothing to stop you using your own pics on the telly as a BG, you can load them up via your DVD player or USB port on the telly, if you have one.

Trev
                  Very good idea
                  ef-r

Comment

Very good idea
                    Ta Brian.

I’ve used images as BGs, but blurred the BG out of recognition.
                    I find some pictures that are not really that interesting in terms of the subject can make for interesting/complementary bokeh for another subject.

I once used a large Claude Monet print (The Palazzo da Mula 1908) as a background.
                    TBH I felt a bit guilty. The Impressionist style is kinda OOF anyway, and I threw the BG even further OOF.

Maybe I’m guilty of stealing Claude’s colours?

Trev

Comment

Working...
                    X