Whitecliff Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitecliff Bay

Whitecliff Bay, Isle of Wight, a local beach for me but I never (until now) have got to photograph it in any form due to the amount of time spent doing wildlife photography.

Canon 1D MkIII
    17-40 L @ 17mm
    f/13, 1/20 sec @ ISO 100
    Polarising filter
    www.wightwildlife.co.uk

Re: Whitecliff Bay

Now I like that the sky is great and the reflections add even more depth to the picture.

Comment

I know the feeling Stuart ................. I also have a 17 - 40mm in the bottom of my bag somewhere!

Back to the shot, I love it. The wet sand is the perfect mirror for the sky and although a central horizon line is breaking the rules of composition, sometime those rules need to be broken. Treat rules as guidelines; use them when you need to and don't when you don't.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

A great shot love the sky and reflections.

Coda
        There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

17-40?? Think I traded mine in for the 500!! ;)

Lovely shot, like Coda I like the sky and reflections.

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
            Colin, I had just that thought when I was composing the shot. I decieded in a center line as the reflection worked well, the sky I didn't want any higher in the view as I'd lose lots of it's detail and a landscape aspect didn't really work as I lost the sky too much.
            www.wightwildlife.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X