30 minutes on the beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 minutes on the beach

I decided on the spur of the moment that going out to do some rare (these days) landscape work (for pleasure) was preferable to not, and the sky was just so dam gorgeous to miss. Here's a quickly caught, 30 minute sequence on Dunnet Beach (Caithness, Scotland), one of my favourite locations to photograph skyscapes and sunsets. Canon 5D MkII, 17-40mm f4 L (no filters), 3 part AEB - C&C most welcome.

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.
    Also check out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/deemac1965/ and http://studiograff65.wordpress.com/

Re: 30 minutes on the beach

Very impressive.
    Struggling with technology.......................

Comment

Very nice images number 3s my favorite
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Well I gotta say I think they are stunning for what it's worth
        EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Some very good pictures indeed

Comment

Superb ............ and no filters at all, I am impressed.

I am undecided between number 1 and 3 for my favourite. I could live with either of them on my wall.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

And I choose number 2, but they're all wonderful. Could live with those on my desktop.

Is it just me, or is there some sort of optical illusion going on? #5 looks as if the horizon isn't straight, and yet checking it, it is perfectly straight. Weird.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

I see what you mean about the horizon, I think it is probably due to the light colours being on the left and dark colours on the right with the land mass also on the right

Comment

These are wonderful images of a very beautiful part of Scotland. I really like the first one with its impressive sky.

redgrape

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                    I see what you mean about the horizon, I think it is probably due to the light colours being on the left and dark colours on the right with the land mass also on the right
                    Wierd affect, isn't it? I've decided it's because the horizon is straight but the tide line isn't, so it's the planet's fault!

They're even better the second time you look at them.
                    Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Don't want to get to excited but WOW, dread to think what you could do in 1 hour

paul
                      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thank you for sharing them - likey lots!

Comment

6 wonderful shots. 1 and 3 are my favourites. Makes me wish I lived closer to the coast.

Comment

Fancy taking 30 minutes to produce these... and has already been said... what could you do in an hour???

Fabulous shots. #3 does it for me

David
                            David

Comment

I just checked number 5 on photoshop its .23% out so you were right in your first post.This being only slight it was amazine you noticed it.
                              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                              X