• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkeez
    replied
    Re: Saltburn Pier

Originally posted by Bobby Canon View Post
    Saltburn is famous for its sunsets
    and no wonder!! slight change with the crop at the top as Brian suggests, and you have a real cracker there, one for the wall for certain!

Leave a comment:

• Gra.C@Ashley
    replied

I agree with the others re cropping but to me the colours are fantastic. Lovely image.
    Graham

Leave a comment:

• martin fishwick
    replied

fantastic shot!

Leave a comment:

• Bobby Canon
    replied

Correct Les. Taken last summer whilst the Icelandic volcano was doing its thing. I don't know if this contributed to the amount of beautiful sunsets we had last year or not. Thanks to everyone for their comments.
    Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
    I'm with Bri & Di on this, crop a bit from the top and it will be a much stronger image.

Taken in the summer ? as the sun sets behind the land rather than the sea in winter.

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied

I like that .......... crop as suggested and it will be better.

Colin

Leave a comment:

• Les McLean
    replied

I'm with Bri & Di on this, crop a bit from the top and it will be a much stronger image.

Taken in the summer ? as the sun sets behind the land rather than the sea in winter.

Leave a comment:

• codachrome
    replied

I like it as it is....only been to Salburn once but could not stay too late as its a long ride home.still got some good images
    Its on my list for a revisit,

Coda

Leave a comment:

• djguk47
    replied

Agree with Brian about the crop of the sky.
    Love the silhouette of the pier and the light from the setting sun across the water.

David
    Last edited by djguk47; 17-03-2011, 10:18.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby Canon
    replied

Thanks very much for the replies. I take on board the points raised about the crop, and really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. This image was originally in landscape format but never looked right to me. I tried various crops, including the ones you have kindly suggested, but this was always the one that made me smile.

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied

Superb, one for the wall I'd say.
    I'd raise the Horizon in the frame myself, more sea, less sky - taking out the top level of sky I think makes the image stronger - the higher part of the sky is a bit plain and doesn't add anything for me; but I'm no expert.

Leave a comment:

• DeeGee
    replied

Do like how you've turned the pier into a silhouette, it almost looks too delicate to stand up against the the ravages of the sea.

But (and I'm just a beginner to feel free to ignore) I'd alter the crop a little, drop the horizon which cuts through the middle at the moment, down to the third.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby Canon
    started a topic Saltburn Pier

Saltburn Pier

Saltburn is famous for its sunsets

Saltburn-by-the Sea sunset. Cropped from original. Looks more balanced I think by Bobby Canon, on Flickr
Working...
X