Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Northamptonians.

Northampton Town Hall Courtyard by Ian Wheatley, on Flickr
    This is a follow up to my previous post entitled A Celebration of Northamptons Boot & Shoe Industry and once again shows the councils total disregard in the management of our money. The idea was to celebrate famous old Northamptonians with statues in the courtyard of Northampton Town Hall.They are clockwise from the front figure, Poet John Clare, WW1 Hero Edgar Mobbs, Composer Sir Malcolm Arnold, DNA Pioneer Francis Crick, who didn't have the decency to acknowledge the early work of Rosalind Frankland, contentious maybe but the lady is sadly overlooked in my opinion. Next up is Margaret Bonfield, Labour MP and Cabinet Minister from the 1930s, followed by Lady Wantage who donated Abington Park to the town. Last but not least is Walter Tull, another WW1 hero killed in 1917, who also played football for Northampton Town FC as well as Spurs. History lesson over. The point is, it is reputed that each statue cost in the region of £30,000, multiply that by seven and you can see the point I am trying to make. One more thing. I must apologise for the picture, it was taken on a Fuji as its the best I have to illustrate my point. Sorry but have since seen the error of my ways and now shoot exclusively with Canon. That's it, thanks for looking. Regards, Ian W.
    Last edited by Ian Paul; 24-01-2020, 13:38.

Lovely composition and the processing definitely fits the scene. Nicely accomplished.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking Tom and for the positive feedback. Regards, Ian W.

Comment

Working...
      X