Barnegat Lighthouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barnegat Lighthouse

Our Thursday hike found us on Long Beach Island in New Jersey. Hiking along the beach I spotted this waterway coming through the break wall that I used to photograph the Lighthouse. The Lighthouse is the supporting character for the photo, thus is why I choose to put it in the Landscape section.

Camera EOS R w/ ER 24-105L @ 50mm
    ISO 100, f/13 1/80 sec

Comments Welcomed
    Tom

I like that Tom. The lighthouse looks very tall ............. I wouldn't fancy climbing that many steps.
    Colin

Comment

Very nice Tom, what is the frame work in the distance
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice composition Tom.
        Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks Colin, Trev and Enneo for stopping by. Colin there are 217 steps to the top of the lighthouse. We had planned on climbing up them, but the lighthouse was closed during the weekdays. The structure in the distance, Trev, is a walk way that was built to allow visitors to walk from the lighthouse out along the break wall. This area is also a preserve for birds, that we plan on doing back in the spring to visit.

Tom

Comment

Another one of Tom's great Lighthouse pictures!
            Are they a favourite subject or do you have a lot in your area?
            Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Nice shot Tom.

Bill.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

A good image Tom - like Colin I suspect I might be a bit step averse, but I guess there would be good views to capture from the top!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Nice image Tom especially when looking at the larger image. :)
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Nice looking structure Tom, I had a quick look at some of your other images of it on your site. The look good too
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                    X