Sunset in Aruba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset in Aruba

We were fortunate (in more than 1 way) as we arrived in Aruba before sunset and the ship spent the night at port. This enabled us to get some of Aruba's Sunset images. Used a NISI Filter System (6 stop ND Filter) and a 2 Stop ND Grad. Here are two images of the sunset.

30 sec

4 sec

Comments Welcomed

Tom
    Last edited by tesarver; 19-03-2020, 23:13.

Two great shots Tom, love the second one
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Excellent images Tom.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Super shots...I can’t remember having seen long exposure sunsets before...an interesting effect....the sea looks good to me in both but the sky only in the second one.....a really really long exposure would be needed for the clouds/sky to be significantly motion blurred....I very much like no 2....need a frame and wall mounting.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Trev, Bill & Brian for stopping by

Tom

Comment

Very nice images Tom
            Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Nicely done Tom.

I have invested in some ND's and grads and hope to do some landscapes this year. I always try a project most years, aside from my normal wildlife.
              Colin

Comment

Great shots Tom, It’s the second one also for me. I think that this is because in the first one the sun is behind a cloud and the reflection on the sea is lost as well as some colour in the rocks; nice effect on the water though.

Ian
                Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Two super shots Tom
                  Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Second one for me to.
                    Had to look up where Auraba was!
                    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Thanks enneo, Colin, Ian, leeperry, and bobowen for stopping by.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X