Frozen Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Sea

Things are probably going to get a bit quiet around here for a week or two until we are allowed out to play again. So, I am going to try and post an image a day, even if it's not very good and even if I have to dig hard into my archives. If nothing else, it will give us something to comment on, laugh at and just generally keep in touch. If more of you would like to join in, so much the better.

To start off, this is about as far north as you can get in Norway. Well inside the Arctic circle and about 6KM away from Murmansk in Russia. Even in late March the sea was frozen.

IMG_1676a by colin cross, on Flickr
    Colin

Hope you were wrapped up well Colin
    Lovely vista shot
    Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Great idea....I hope we get lots of posts.
      ….that looks really cold.....difficult lighting but still an effective image.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Beautiful image Colin
        Good idea too - maybe have a go if I get the time

Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Cool image Colin
          Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Nice shot Colin, did you dock at Murmansk, quite a port. I spent two weeks there, we were not suppose to leave ship, but we did -- nearly ended up in jail !!!
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That’s a nice shot Colin in tricky lighting.
              Agree with your idea, I'll endeavour to join in as well.

Ian
              Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Like that Colin, just wonder what it would be like with a touch of Dehaze? agree with the idea of posts

Alan

Comment

Seeing these recent shots certainly brings back memories of the area and makes me want to return. When we were in Kirkenes, the boat had to double up as an ice-breaker to get in and out of the port.

John

Comment

Superb shot Colin.

Bill.
                    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

This is a great idea from Colin and I would love to participate, however I have one question. I have only been a Canon user for around nine months so the vast majority my archives consist of images taken on other brands of camera, namely Olympus and Fuji. In the present situation we find ourselves in would it be permissible to post one or two of these here or not? One for the Mods. maybe but totally understand if its a no go, Regards to all, stay safe, Ian W.

Comment

That looks very cold Colin
                        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Excellent Shot Colon. Hopefully your not making Mrs C. site crazy

Tom

Comment

Mrs C is crazy that she can't get anywhere near her beloved grandchildren at the moment and probably not for another couple of weeks or so.
                            Colin

Comment

Working...
                            X