Sad end to a tree..almost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad end to a tree..almost.

At lunchtime today,the wind had a good go at the large tree outside my window.Unsure of the type,but after six years of living here,it's something you get used to.The blossoms are a joy at this time of year.

The tree surgeons said it will have to go completely on Tuesday next week,I will miss it.Here are some of the shots..I hope you like them.
    IMG_0004 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0003 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0220 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    IMG_0236 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

If it is any consolation it is great for burning on a log burner, can be burnt green but best to leave it for a year. Shame looks a good mature tree, but if it has to go, take advantage of using the wood.

Comment

They left a few logs behind but it's all small flats round here so no log burners or fires of any type.

Perhaps there will be someone who has a friend or relative who has one.

Comment

I think you should caption that last picture 'A complete Idiot' H&S would just love that
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I fully agree Trev,it looked unsafe to me too with him using that chainsaw above head height and at full stretch.

Comment

Send it out here (Kenya) they will make charcoal out of it, the deforestation going on in Kenya is alarming, and all to make charcoal. Sad that it couldn't be saved.

Comment

It's on Leicester City Council land and like all councils they are'risk averse' and will do anything to avoid claims for damage.

Sadly the tree is very close to properties and so in their infinite wisdom they have decided it's got to go.

At least I was able to document it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                I think you should caption that last picture 'A complete Idiot' H&S would just love that
                I've just changed the caption on my Flickr album.

Comment

Working...
                X