WA walk to Butterton Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WA walk to Butterton Church

....shots of a secluded church about 2 miles away from where I live....all comments welcome....

a3-15 by brianvickers, on Flickr

a3-10 by brianvickers, on Flickr

a3-06 by brianvickers, on Flickr

a3-02 by brianvickers, on Flickr

a3-07 by brianvickers, on Flickr

a3-16 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Last edited by @imagesBV; 09-06-2020, 21:54.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Nice set of images, like first one.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Interesting church, I keep looking at the first image which has great leading lines of the fence and track.
      Then I see the prominent tree trunk with the very nice bark texture. I then can’t decide if the image is of the church or the tree trunk with its branches framing the church. The second image sort of confirms my observations on the first, as it gives the church more prominence but lacks the leading lines of the first image IYSWIM Brian.
      Having had a quick look at your series of the church on Flickr the A3-04 image has an unusually door to the turret/tower, designed for very slim people
      i do like churches like this they make great subjects
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

A very nice set Brian, its No 1 for me with the path and fence leading past the Oak tree to the Church
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice set, Brian. For what they are worth, my thoughts are that I prefer the first to the second as the addition of the textured bark and lead in are great, however the lighting of the church on the second is warmer, which I prefer, so I wonder if you could tweak that on the first?
          On the third, for me the leaves in the way of the spire are too imposing.
          I really love the gate detail.
          And your faithful friend is always a joy to see.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Lovely set Brian. Other than the last image, I also like the composition of the 1st and 4th images.

Tom

Comment

Nice set Brian.
              Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Great set of photos, I like them all, well done.
                Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Thanks for all the comments.....I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't retain sky detail in the first and at the same time expose the tree trunk with any detail.....I'd have to use layers to do that which is maybe what I should have done or try the HDR function (ill try that next time).......I think I was more interested in adequate DOF which worked at 30mm and f14. In the second the sky detail is good. I need to take more care of colour temp to get consistency when posting a set but i agree the warmer stone looks better on the church. Thanks for the other comments too.....and I'm pleased that no one noticed I cloned out the dog's lead attached to the fence (there were sheep in the field further back).
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Nice set Brian especially the first one.

Bill.
                    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

New versions from comments...
                        a3-2 by brianvickers, on Flickr

a3-1 by brianvickers, on Flickr
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I think they are all outstanding but like the second iteration of the full church image the best!!

Comment

Thanks Doug....that's kind!
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                            X