...of Bosham Creek.

Bosham Creek 1
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

Bosham Creek 2
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Two nice shots Nigel, but I think I would have got rid of the contrails.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice work Nigel.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice photos, my favourite is the first one.
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Two lovely images

Tom

Comment

Nice shots I am drawn to the first one.
            https://www.flickr.com/people/194601711@N08/

Comment

Out of interest Nigel, do you use R72 filters or have you had the camera modified to IR - I have a set of R72 filters 72, 77 & 82mm. Not mine, but I had to use them for some ones weird idea in another branch of photography that I'm involved in. I must have a rummage and find them.
              Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Thanks Kevin.

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                Out of interest Nigel, do you use R72 filters or have you had the camera modified to IR - I have a set of R72 filters 72, 77 & 82mm. Not mine, but I had to use them for some ones weird idea in another branch of photography that I'm involved in. I must have a rummage and find them.
                I did start out with an R72 filter but the long exposure times were a pain - on my old D30 which had the best sensitivity to IR - exposure times were typically 10-15 seconds at ISO400 and worse with later models. Also having to compose the image without the filter on made life awkward and the focus had to be set manually as IR doesn't quite focus at the same point...

One day a few years back I happened to be browsing through Ffordes website and came across an IR converted 1000D at a sensible price so I bought it on spec so to speak and the bug took hold. Hand-holdable exposure times and AF via the live view function were a revelation and a joy. Now I mostly use a converted 650D, also bought from Ffordes, (which I used for the two shots here) which has much faster AF in live view than the 1000D. Exposure times at ISO400 are usually in the 1/100 to 1/250th range depending on how sunny it is.

For anyone interested in IR I really would recommend a converted camera - it makes life so much easier...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                  Thanks Kevin.

I did start out with an R72 filter but the long exposure times were a pain - on my old D30 which had the best sensitivity to IR - exposure times were typically 10-15 seconds at ISO400 and worse with later models. Also having to compose the image without the filter on made life awkward and the focus had to be set manually as IR doesn't quite focus at the same point...

One day a few years back I happened to be browsing through Ffordes website and came across an IR converted 1000D at a sensible price so I bought it on spec so to speak and the bug took hold. Hand-holdable exposure times and AF via the live view function were a revelation and a joy. Now I mostly use a converted 650D, also bought from Ffordes, (which I used for the two shots here) which has much faster AF in live view than the 1000D. Exposure times at ISO400 are usually in the 1/100 to 1/250th range depending on how sunny it is.

For anyone interested in IR I really would recommend a converted camera - it makes life so much easier...
                  This is exactly what I found, it was a right pain as far as I was concerned. I was using it for a camouflage and concealment thing. I did however have some rather interesting shots playing around for myself using it other than with mono. In fact some of the shots were used.
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                  X