High Force, Middleton in Teesdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Force, Middleton in Teesdale

As I was passing (well within 30 miles) I thought I'd make a detour. All R6 RF24-105 and RF 16. Tripod 10 stop..and soft grad.
    I had to hold the soft grad in front of the lens....for 20+ second exposures, as I'd converted my 77mm filters to 67mm....and not thought that the Cokin filter holder would then need a 77mm ring not 67mm....doh!
    The gorge was all in shadow unfortunately so its something that I need to plan better next time.
    Any comments or suggestions from landscape togs here would be welcome.

High Force 1 by brianvickers, on Flickr

High Force 5 by brianvickers, on Flickr

High Force 4 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Nice set Brian, good to see it in full flow.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice set Bran
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Three great pictures. I think the contrast is what gives them atmosphere..

Comment

Great set Brian. I like high force and low force falls. Often see kayakers there going down the falls, the low ones that is, but it's great to watch.

Comment

I missed Low Force…wasn’t aware of that one…I’ll remember for next time.
            thanks for your kind comments.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

A cracking set of images Brian
              Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
                I missed Low Force…wasn’t aware of that one…I’ll remember for next time.
                thanks for your kind comments.
                Brian as well as Low Force you may want to check out Summerhill Force/Gibsons Cave, it's very close to Low Force, see link below

Summerhill Force is a picturesque waterfall in a wooded glade near Bowness in Upper Teesdale. Heavily undercut, the recess behind the fall is known as "Gibson's Cave". The waterfall is called Summerhill Force, but because of the recess behind the waterfall it is more affectionately known as Gibson’s Cave.
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Brian, the water is a little too milky for my taste, of the three images the last one seems to be the better/stronger composition.

I've tried this location a number of times the last time I walked up from Low Force to shoot High Force from the elevated ground on the other side of the river to where you were shooting from. From there you can frame the falls and the river/ moorland above the falls.
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks for this….yes 20-30 seconds was a bit over the top. Now I’ve been there and have the benefit of your advice I need to make better use of my ND filters to get good water movement and retain DoF. Just driving back I could see the area has a lot to offer. I plan to go back with the campervan later in the year. I’m guessing early morning will provide the best light considering the orientation of the falls.
                    thanks for the feedback and links…much appreciated!
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I'm just wondering if it's worth a group meet up there one day. It's about a 35 mile drive from where I live so I'm happy to meet up and maybe do both high force and low force in the same day, then a brew in Middleton-in-teesdale or Alston afterwards?

Comment

Sounds like a great idea…I’m 150 miles away….I think there is a section of the forum for meet ups so might be worth posting the idea there…
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Shadow or not that's a fine set.
                          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

All three photos look great.
                            Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                            X