Rogue Flashbender XL example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Flashbender XL example

Having turned off the studio flashes, I stuck 2 Rogue Flashbenders up and took some shots of Kayleigh.
    The first light lit the model, and the second was set -2 stops to give a hint of lighting to the bike in the background.

Canon 600ex-rt's were used, fired off with a ST-E3 mounted on the hotshoe of a 1Dx. the lens was a Canon 70-200 f2.8Lis at 200mm to compress the perspective. All processed in Lightroom.

Here is a colour and a mono version of the file.

Scuff

Canon EOS 1Dx
    16-35, 24-105, 70-200 f2.8Lis, 70-300 f4-5.6Lis, 300 f2.8Lis, 17 TS-E, 24 TS-E II, 90 TS-E
    Speedlight 600ex-RT (2x), ST-E3 RT.

My flickr page

Re: Rogue Flashbender XL example

I quite like that Scuff

Nicely sculpted shadows and gorgeous highlights on the gloves, I'm not so sure about the reflection of the 600/FlashBender in her glasses though - catch-lights are one thing, but a prefect reflection of the lighting set-up is another
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
      I quite like that Scuff

Nicely sculpted shadows and gorgeous highlights on the gloves, I'm not so sure about the reflection of the 600/FlashBender in her glasses though - catch-lights are one thing, but a prefect reflection of the lighting set-up is another
      Thanks for your observations.... The reflections were deliberately placed to show the flashbenders, cos rogue would like it :-)
      Needless to say I have one or two angled to not show it.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment
      Scuff

Canon EOS 1Dx
      16-35, 24-105, 70-200 f2.8Lis, 70-300 f4-5.6Lis, 300 f2.8Lis, 17 TS-E, 24 TS-E II, 90 TS-E

My flickr page

Comment

Very well done Scuff

Tom

Comment

I really like the mono version Scuff
          Chris
          Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Until i looked it up i hadnt a clue what a rogue flashbender was and to be hoest by getting such a large reflection in the eyes, it really has ruined what would otherwise be a cool shot

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Thanks for your usual insightful opinion Stan. Read post 3 again my man.
              Scuff

Canon EOS 1Dx

My flickr page

Comment

I think the colour version is great! I don't feel that the bike in the background, does anything extra for the image though, a simple dark area would work well too. I don't even mind the reflection in the sunglasses, it just adds another dimension to the shot. Well done Scuff.
                Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

I agree - the colour version is simply lovely. Where was the light that got the back of hair on the left (as we are looking)?

Can we see a version without the reflections?

Thanks

Richard
                  Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Theres something about the mono that as the edge for me. Don't even mind the hardware showing in the glasses.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X