Two photos from our recent holiday, great light and a stunning place
    Attached Files
    40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Re: Taj Mahal

Spot on.
    Papa.

Comment

Like the way you used the reflecting pond to draw in the eye in the 1st shot. I also like the way you framed the send shot.

Tom

Comment

The shot thru' the arch makes an interesting variation for such a well photographed building.

Andy

Comment

Both great shots. I'll be there in early March, what time of day were these taken ?

Comment

Hi allachie, we arrived about 6.30am
            40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Comment

Thanks for that. It looks like a good time to be there.
              Last edited by allachie9; 17-01-2010, 12:03. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi

I was there last year at Easter, and got some shots of the Taj as well (plus all the other usual highlights of the golden triangle !!), and enjoyed playing with a 5D for the first time.
                Everything is here - http://picasaweb.google.com/Wildviews/2009India#

First thing in the morning is the best time for taking shots inside the complex, before the crowds arrive, and the light is invariably soft and diffuse.

We also visited the opposite side of the river Yamuna at dusk - which again provides great lighting for the Taj, with the river as foreground. (e.g. http://picasaweb.google.com/Wildview...15445739283922)

If you want any further info let me know.

Cheers

Charles (wildviews)

Comment

Hi Guys,

you were right (of course ! ) about the time of day to be there.

I wonder what it's like without people. We still had to queue at 0630 !

Anyway here's my effort, the classic shot ?

50D, 17 - 40L, 1/400 @ f8, 100 iso.

Comment

Id rather see it with people in it. I can't understand this obsession with removing all traces of human life from pictures.

Actually I do understand it, but I don't agree with it.

Millie

Comment

Hi Millie,

Yes people do add something, if only to remind us how many people actually want to see this fabulous place. I think perhaps I was thinking that the people in the shot spoil the perfect symmetry of the building. I love the symmetry and I also love what it was created for. One man's devotion to his favourite wife. I'm sure you will know that the Taj was once described, by a famous Indian poet (who I'd never heard of ! ) as 'A Teardrop on the Face of Eternity'

Comment

Working...
                      X