Uluru, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uluru, Australia

I took the 4 images that make this up back in July 2004 on my old 300D. Never got around to processing them properly until now. Uluru is an amazing sight standing alone in the desert - at least that's what I was expecting but there was lots of plant life as you can see in the foreground of this panorama.

I didn't really know about RAW when I took these so I only had the JPGs to play with but I think for the time it came out as the first pro-sumer DSLR from Canon it did a reasonable job.

Scott

Uluru by anderson.council, on Flickr
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: Uluru, Australia

Nice job

Tom

Comment

Nice one Scott , it's nice to travel back in time and revisit images you took then.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Very nice Scott. I remember this rock very well. It was called Ayers rock in the those days. It also brought back memories of a tourist who climbed this sacred rock, against orders, and who died there- happened to fall over! Thanks for the memories.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Looks good to me - perhaps need to bring up some more detail in the shadow areas with shadows/highlight tool

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks Tom, Peter, Nat and Stan.

Nat. When we were there it was only a request not to climb not an order but we figured that as the Aboriginal people don't get much from modern society it wasn't a problem for us to honour their request. Many others continued to climb - possibly not aware of the request or possibly just to achieve a cheap "I've climbed it" moment. We actually had a very pleasant walk around the circumference instead. Had we climbed, the view from the top would be of ... absolutely nothing ... for miles in all directions anyway so fairly pointless I would have thought.

Stan. Appreciate the advice re shadows. I'm never sure about how much is too much.

Scott
            Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Thanks for that brief. I went in 2001. I also noticed that the colours in and around the rock kept on changing every so often. Did you also see that? The year that I went there, there was a notice "please do not climb"!
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X