Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devil's Marbles, Northern Territory, Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil's Marbles, Northern Territory, Australia.

<rant>
    A new day must mean a new way to upload, organise and link to flickr. Jeez I wish these guys would make their minds up. Yesterday it was a Set today an Album. Yesterday it was a Pin icon - today BB code.
    </rant>

Anyway, the Devil's Marbles are rock formations just off the Stuart Highway a few miles south of Tennant Creek which was our overnight stop on the drive from Alice Springs to Kakadu. The Stuart Highway is possibly well known for having no speed limits on certain sections (or at least this was the case in 2004 when we were there). This means you can at least make progress on a road surrounded by absolutely ... nothing, for as far as the eye can see and beyond.

As with a lot of the images from those days I wish I could go back and re-shoot them with the knowledge I've gained since.

Scott

1 Devil's Marbles
    Devils Marbles by anderson.council, on Flickr

2 Outback Dunny / Thunderbox (take your pick).
    Devils Marbles by anderson.council, on Flickr
    Last edited by anderson.council; 22-04-2014, 20:21.
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: Devil's Marbles, Northern Territory, Australia.

Try Imageshack- the only one which seems to work for me.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks for the thought Nat but I have spent quite a bit of time getting the images processed and on to flickr (and a few on 500px) so I just don't have the time/energy to sign-up to and maintain another set on another hosting site. No doubt the forum server will stop complaining at some point and I will be able to post again but for now I'll leave it.

Scott
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Nice set Scott

Tom

Comment

I like that set Scott, thanks for sharing 👍that sounds like an interesting road to drive. I'm glad the server allowed you to post via Flickr how did you do that?
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Tom and Peter.

As you may have guessed from Nat's post & my response, I was having issues posting the flicker BB code, so I then tried just posting a url to the flickr image but just experienced error after error. At some point I retried later in the evening and got lucky.

As for the road, yes there were long stretches no speed restrictions but the state of the road is such that you really wouldn't want to be doing any serious speeds in a car. We were in a Nissan Patrol which just glided over the bumps and pot-holes. I think I recall news stories of guys totalling their pride and joy out there.

Scott
            Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X